The Way It Always Goes

Usually I write my stories on paper first. This is the only time I've just straight up typed it. I'm sorry for any punctuation errors. When school starts back up I might do some editing with my favorite teacher. He just happens to be an English teacher. I'll be uploading this to FanFiction when I get good time with WiFi. If y'all want to find my amazing stories I already have there, I'm Tex 30. Also, for my shorts I'll have a key. £ means written first, * means just typed. Happy writing and happy reading!

*
Tex was lounging outside on one of the deck chairs beside the pool. She had nothing to worry about. She had an amazing house, an island she really didn't have to share, and a boyfriend who would try to do anything for her.
Thomas had gone inside, not even giving her a hint as to why. Tex figured he was probably fixing drinks or had just gotten bored. He was intriguing to say the least. Tex thought of herself as the crazy American, but sometimes she doubted it as he took her place. The British ex-Freelancer was creative in the ways he surprised Tex.
She adjusted the designer shades on her face as she sat up. Tex looked behind her, hoping that Thomas would be coming back out at that moment. She enjoyed her solitude sometimes but at other times she missed his presence.
With a sigh she laid back in her chair, fixing the top of her bathing suit as she slid down. Her leather jacket fell on her face as her head hit the back of the chair.
"Damn it. I shoulda asked Tommy to take my jacket in for me." She tossed it over the back again.
Tex closed her eyes, absorbing the warm sunlight of the day. Nothing could disturb her now.
Thomas exited the house, closing the sliding glass door behind himself quietly as he saw Tex possibly sleeping in her chair. He had a towel over his free hand. Silently walking over to his chair, he pulled off his sunglasses; setting them on top of his towel. Thomas headed around behind Tex to the side of the pool, he had a plan and didn't want it to be foiled before it even got started.
Smiling, he took one last glance at Tex before jumping into the water. The cold water hit her skin, and she jerked up into a sitting position.
"Thomas Matthews!"
He laughed a bit. "Sorry sweetheart."
"What did I do to deserve that?"
"You just looked a bit asleep."
She narrowed her eyes through her sunglasses, not that Thomas could see. "You know damn well that I wasn't."
"Are you sure about that? How do you know that Allison?"
Tex removed her sunglasses, carefully folding them up; placing them behind her. She stood up, stretching, trying to figure out just what Thomas had in mind.
"Now there's no possible way you can get payback..."
"Who says? There's always next time." Tex smiled deviously at Thomas.
He didn't mind her threat; he always won these games. "Oh really now?" He couldn't help but laugh at Tex. She knew he had the advantage too. She was much smaller than him, and her strength just isn't the same in the water.
Tex didn't bother responding to his question; it was pointless and would end up in a giant circle. She took this opportunity to get her payback, at least somewhat. He had his eyes closed as he laughed; his arrogance would be his undoing. She jumped into the water, right on top of him.
Thomas breathed in a mouthful of water, coughing when he returned to the surface. Tex had foolishly done the same.
"What the hell was that?!"
"Payback. You have quite the debt built up Tommy. I wouldn't get too cocky."
"Because you'll put me in my place like you do every time?" Sarcasm seeped into every word.
"I know how to punish you. I'm a clever girl."
"Allison, you wouldn't."
Once again that smile, the one that never meant anything good. He knew she loved him, but she also loved to torture him.
"Won't you ever forgive me Allison?" He pretended to be hurt, pleading to her.
"I could never do anything to hurt you. I love you far too much."
"I love you too sweetheart."
He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before diving under the water. Tex laid back, loving the water and the sun at the same time. She'd get him, next time.