The Morning After

Hey guys, Tex again. I don't have a song for this one! This actually came from a dream I was going to have before I woke up in the beginning of it. Yeah, this one started from a dream. That's where the first paragraph is from. I live and breathe Texmas. Ha, quite literally. I wanted to focus on Tex's tattoo a bit in this one. I haven't mentioned it before. Also the Project Freelancer symbols that both ex-Freelancers have. I know where Tex has hers. AgentKansas632, you'll have to live with where I put Thomas's! I'm actually going to get both of the ones I mentioned for Tex. When I have the money, of course. I have to save up for London first. I will be able to write better once I graduate and enter the military. I'll know all the correct terms. Its not all good though. I miss you my love. Oh, and yes, I did use the British word for pants. I have to get used to it. Happy reading!

*
Leo walked into his parent's room. They both lay asleep. The tip of the black star outline on Tex's back was visible. Her long red hair spilled across her left shoulder onto Thomas's chest where she laid with her head on top of him.
"Are 'Lina and York still coming?"
Thomas woke up when he heard Leo's voice. "What?"
"'Lina and York."
"They'll be here soon to pick you up. They have a key."
Leo headed back to his own room.
"Thank you." Tex moved her head slightly, pulling her body closer to Thomas's.
"Anything for you sweetheart."
"I'd do the same for you."
"But I never need it."
"I know."
Tex sighed, rolling onto her own side of the bed.
"What's wrong Allison?"
"I'm awake now."
"Stay here, you'll fall back asleep."
"I have to get up now. It's no use."
Thomas reached for her star tattoo as she got up. She was too far away. She covered it up, along with the Project Freelancer symbol on her left hip, by simply putting on her leather jacket. She'd gotten used to having the cold metal of the zipper against her bare skin. She slipped on her leather trousers to match.
"I'm leaving!" Leo yelled as he ran down the hallway. Carolina and York had just opened the door.
"Allison, Thomas, we've got Leo!"
"We're aware!" The two yelled at the same time.
"Guess I'm getting up." Thomas ran a hand through his short brown hair after sitting up, the Project Freelancer logo visible on his right shoulder blade. He slipped on a pair of jeans and his favorite shirt. The smell of it confused him. "Tex, didn't this get washed?"
"Yeah, why?"
He smiled. "Still smells like you."
"Don't worry, it'll wear off after you wear it a while."
"Gee, thanks Allison."
"Silence Thomas. I need coffee." She headed down the stairs ahead of him.
As Tex waited for the coffee to finish brewing, she stood watching the machine. Thomas wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her right shoulder.
"You make me feel like a midget when you do that."
"But you're my midget."
"Lucky me."
"Get your coffee, you're nicer afterwards."
"Sorry. We were up most of the night."
"You enjoyed it."
Tex choked on her coffee laughing. "I'm married to you, aren't I? We have a son, don't we?"
"Okay Tex. A simple yes would have sufficed."
"Where's the fun in that?"
"Smart ass."
"You love me."
"Yes, I do."
"I love you too Thomas."
"I love you Allison."