Wyoming

So my friend Wyoming is friends with me and Kansas. So of course we have to make him be a friend of the Matthews family. This is gonna be cool. I have actually had the idea of this story for a while. Happy reading!

*
Wyoming regains consciousness to find that he is back aboard the Pelican he arrived in. His armor lock had prevented him from bleeding out thus far.
"Allison was crazy enough to teach a kid to shoot, I don't believe it. If she's gone soft enough to actually have had a child, why on Earth would she teach him to shoot. It only will result in the last being repeated. I do love a good stroll through the past though."
He laughs before coughing, his chest seizing with pain. Tex's boy had a nice shot as well. I fancy finding a way to get back at her for that one.
He stumbles through the cabin to the pilot's seat, only to find out he was already in the air. The thought crossed his mind that Tex had set the ship on autopilot with the intention of it to crash.
"Thanks for the help Allison."
Wyoming checks all the instruments on the ship to ensure she hadn't done anything else. He turns off the autopilot and gets into the pilot's seat. A cliff fades into view in front of him as cloud clear from the cockpit windows. "Oh bollocks."
He swiftly grabs the steering wheel and pulls it towards himself. The Pelican takes a sharp turn up, gaining altitude at a speed that can't possibly be healthy for the engines. The Mother Of Invention sat docked at a UNSC secret facility. Wyoming lands as the left engine fails. The Pelican screeches across the floor of the hangar for a few moments.
A team of medical staff awaits him as he steps out of the Pelican. Washington and South stand among the shadows of the bay. Wyoming's recovery beacon had been activated when he was shot by Leo. Gamma appeared, ready to assure them of a successful mission.
After having the bullets carefully removed, not hitting anything major, Wyoming sits plotting in recovery.
"Knock knock."
"Oh. Hello Gamma."
"Your thoughts appear to be conflicting."
"Very. Revenge is essential, is it not?"
"Yes."
"And yet I can't bear to hurt our dear old Allison."
"You have always been too friendly to Agent Texas for your own good."
"We'll go back out to find her when I'm well."
"Very well Agent Wyoming."
Wyoming laughs to himself as Gamma logs off. He will just disappear from the Project as Thomas and Allison had. Who knows, maybe he'll manage something as they had.
Texas and Kansas, always were an unstoppable pair.
*TIME SKIP* (about two months later)
Wyoming steps up to the familiar house. His armor in the suitcase he drags next to himself. He pulls at his mustache nervously as he rings the doorbell.
Tex opens the door. The smile on her face turns to a grimace at the sight of him. "Reginald," she growls. "I thought you were dead."
"Hello dear Allison." He unexpectedly hugs her.
Her eyes widen, not thinking he would ever do something normal. She slowly reciprocates the embrace.
Thomas walks down the hall, wondering what was taking Tex so long. He almost has a feeling of betrayal at the sight that meets him.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?! "
Tex and Wyoming now face an infuriated Thomas.
"Tommy, for some reason it seems Wyoming has had a change of heart."
"We'll just see about that."
Thomas and Tex walk behind Wyoming as he enters the house. Leo sits in the living room  playing with an assortment of army men,  stuffed animals,  and trucks. He drops his toys and runs to his father as they approach. When Leo notices Wyoming he hides behind his father's leg,  peaking out at the other Freelancer.
"Daddy,  what is he doing here?!  My dream was true!  He came back!"
Tex kneels down beside her son,  "Leo,  this man is Wyoming. He seems to have changed and maybe you can tell us if that's true?"
"M-maybe."
"Isn't this the little bugger that shot me?" Tex and Thomas glare at Wyoming. "Right then."
"Children are good judges of character." Tex watches her son slowly walk back to his toys.
Wyoming sits down with Leo. "You sure have quite the collection here,  don't you?"
"I like cars and stuff."
Wyoming picks one up,  showing it to Leo, "this is a 1960 Ford Thunderbird,  an American car."
Leo watches as he picks up more.  "A 2018 Ram Power Wagon, of course you would have this one, it was the Texas off-road truck of the year for its model year. This other one is a 2016 Chevy Impala."
"Mommy, Daddy, he knows a lot about all these cars. I kinda like him."
Thomas shifts from his spot against the wall. "I guess that settles it then, he has changed."
Wyoming goes back to playing with Leo as Tex and Thomas continue with their daily routines.