Pain In Body And Mind

This is pre-Leo. I saved you guys from some stuff. It might not be for all my readers. AgentKansas632, you might not like this one so much. You dealt with the storyline of the tragedy though and wrote stuff like this so you might be okay with it. That's right, inside the head of this supposedly cute girl are places of sadness, hope, gruesomeness, hate, rivalry, love, action, desire, and fear. Also I don't like to be called cute. I tolerate it from my boyfriend (partially because I think he's cute too) and my very close friends. I'm getting off topic again. I told you there'd be more of Zenoa! She is a really weird A.I. and I turned her that way. Happy reading!

*
Tex remembered this pain. Between being weighed down on the front and being kicked from the inside, it wasn't so much fun. The pain wasn't all physical though.
This time she was extremely cautious. She constantly questioned Thomas's A.I., Zenoa. Zenoa would answer the same questions over and over again so that Tex felt safer. Not that it really worked.
You can never shake the experience of losing a child. Especially last minute like Tex did.
"Zenoa? Can you run a scan again?"
"Again?! Allison, I just did it five minutes ago!"
"I'm sorry. Can you blame me though?"
"No. I'm sorry Allison. We A.I.s don't understand loss the same as humans."
"I can tell you who did." Tex shuddered at the thought of her old A.I.
"TEX!" Thomas yelled from a room down the hall.
"He's heard every word we've said, hasn't he?"
"Yes."
"Gee, thanks, you're so wonderful Zenoa."
"Agent Kan-, I mean Thomas, instructed me to enable him to be aware of the events unfolding. For your safety. He worries about you."
Tex stood up, taking a minute to regain her balance. She walked down the hall to the doorway of the room Thomas was in.
"Tommy."
He smacked his head on the shelf he was putting up. "Ow."
Tex laughed at him.
"Yes Allison?"
"I'm fine."
"I know."
"Then why can't I talk to Zenoa alone?"
He sighed. "I'm sorry. I can't stop blaming myself."
"Neither of us could have controlled what happened. I hate to say it, but compared to me the baby was expendable."
A moment of silence passed between them. They stared at each other, eyes locked. Tex suddenly lowered her head.
"God, I feel like such a bitch."
"No, you're right. I couldn't lose you."
"Were here again at least."
"Everything's almost done. You sure you still want our baby to be a surprise?"
"If you really want to know that bad I'll get Zenoa to tell us."
"Allison, only if you want."
"This one's up to you Tommy."
He sighed and remained silent for a moment, staring at the floor while thinking. "Fine."
"Zenoa?" Tex called to Thomas's A.I.
Zenoa hovered in the space between the two ex-Freelancers as Thomas walked away from where he was working and Tex stepped into the room.
"Allison, Thomas," the A.I. addressed them.
I know you heard the question, please answer it Zenoa. Thomas pleaded with his A.I. in his mind.
Zenoa, take the scan, give us the answer. Tex's thoughts towards the A.I. echoed Thomas's.
Zenoa complied with her command. She addressed the two once again, "Allison, Thomas," she paused and looked at the two hopeful parents. Their eyes were locked onto her holographic figure awaiting her answer. "It's..." Zenoa didn't understand why she hesitated. She had always been a bit more human than the other A.I.s though.
"Zenoa?" Thomas urged her to continue in his anticipation.
Unknown to Thomas or Zenoa, Tex stepped back and gripped the door frame as pain shot throughout her body.
Oh please not now.
Zenoa recognized that she was nervous. She tried to start again, "It's..."
You have terrible timing kid. Tex held onto the door frame with two hands, wincing in pain.
Zenoa found her courage suddenly. "It's a boy."
Thomas cheered with joy. He turned his attention back to Tex and the happiness faded from his face. A worried gleam took place in his eyes.
"Tex?"
She was barely managing to stand now. She didn't utter a single word in response. She didn't even make a noise that would allow anyone to know the pain she was suffering.
"Allison?!"
Tex placed one hand on her stomach then reached for Thomas. She still held onto the door frame, leaning against it for support.
Thomas picked her up, still waiting for a sound to escape her. He barely heard her whimper as he carried her. "Allie, please say something."
"Kid's got terrible timing," she groaned.
Thomas smiled, a tear of worry rolling down his face. He was afraid of having a repeat from their first attempt at a family. He didn't expect it the first time. Their soon to be born son was very planned.
"Did you hear Zenoa, Tex?"
"Yeah."
"We had a name we agreed on."
"I'll be damned if I can remember it right now."
Thomas place Tex on their bed. He wasn't concerned with the work he never finished, he was concerned about getting what his wife and unborn son needed.
*TIME SKIP* (because I don't want to go into details about what I do know and gross you guys out, if I haven't already, and I don't know everything.)
"Come on Leo, let's see if your mother's awake." Thomas carried his son back from the nursery to his bedroom.
Tex looked at the door as it creaked open. She expected to only see Thomas. Instead she was greeted by Thomas and her newborn son Leo.
Thomas handed Leo off to Tex. She smiled at him as Thomas sat down beside her.
"I'm glad this isn't like last time." Tex looked up at Thomas.
"Me too."
She looked back down at the baby boy in her arms.
"Hello my little Leo."