Aches Of The Past

I was kind of happy. Now I'm crying. I miss him so much. I miss you AgentKansas632. I miss my Thomas. I'd give anything to be where you are. I'd tell you all my secrets. I know I've only broken down like this once before. You know Kansas. I was in oceanography. It was different that time. You were there for me, you could take to me. I need to get to the story. Its going to be a glimpse into the future I guess. Leo is grown and he's remembering the main part of the story. It's inspired by: Simple Man by Shinedown. That song is on repeat on my stereo right now. It can be really sad. Burning Bright and 45, the songs surrounding it can be rather depressing too. I have the Leave A Whisper album. I have more than that, but that's not important. Happy reading!

*
Leo looks up at his old house. His parents are forty something now. He married the girl he had always loved, his best friend for life.
At almost twenty four, Leo doesn't understand why he feels he needs to be back home for a while. Maybe it's because he didn't leave on good terms.
He is going to apologize to his mother. She taught him the most valuable things he could know. His father had been furious at how he had hurt his mother. Leo thinks about how horrible her childhood had been. All of the things she went through to give him the best.
A tear rolls down his face as he walks up the steps. A memory overtakes him, something his mother told him when he was young.
Leo, my only son.
He turns to her, dropping the toys in his hands.
Come sit here. I want to tell you something that'll help you when the days are long and bright.
He sits on the slightly worn grey suede couch.
Don't rush into anything. There's always time for things to be right. Any trouble you have won't last forever, they'll pass.
He nods at his mother. She sighs before continuing.
I hope you find someone to love that loves you back. Don't for get to believe in what you want to.
Leo doesn't understand why his mother seems so upset. Is it because he'd been sticking to his father's side?
Be a simple kind of man. Please do this for me if you can.
Even at his young age, Leo begins to cry at his mothers words.
Be a simple man.
Leo breaks from his haze and wipes away hi fresh tears. He finally knocks on the door.
His father answers. Thomas's face is contorted by anger and sadness. His son has returned after a few years with no word.
"Dad, I need to talk to her."
Thomas simply nods, allowing Leo entrance.
Tex hears footsteps enter the living room. She doesn't turn around.
"Thomas who was it?"
"Hi Mom."
Tex drops the glass she has in her hand. Glass shatters at her feet and she let's out a string of curses.
Leo helps her clean it up.
"I'm sorry. I've realized what you taught me. For what I've said, for what I've done, I'm sorry."
Tex hugs her son. Tears of sadness and joy rush down her cheeks.
"Leo you came back." She lets go of him. "My little Leo."
"You're not mad?"
"I was worried you'd never come back."
Thomas walks up to the two of them, hugging his wife and son tightly.
I kind of feel better now. I'm really good at writing heartbreak apparently. I guess its because I'm familiar with it and nothing else. To the most special guy in the world: I love you. Forever. Promises are promises.