Looking For Something

Hi guys! It's Tex here. I know I haven't written in a while. Writer's block and so many requests from my friends... Ugh. AgentKansas632 has helped me get back in the swing. My partner for life. I got engaged! I'm so happy! Next upload expect a lot of stories. This is inspired by: Lose Yourself by Eminem. Happy reading!

*
Tex walks down the street alone. Thomas hadn't come home when he was supposed to. She decided to venture out in search of him. She doesn't care how weak she's gotten or what issues she is dealing with, she has to find Thomas.
Tex may have been a Freelancer years ago but she has no idea how cruel the streets can be at nighttime in England. She was born and raised in Texas, in the States. Tex had been attacked when she was younger multiple times. She was a strong girl and could fend her attackers off. The assailants were left in pain and not her.
England. England is different. Different rules than the States. Lack of exposure left her oblivious. She just heads in a path, straight forward. Silence fills the air creating a deafening void. The only sound is the light swish of leather from her unzipped jacket and the clack of her heeled boots.
Paranoia creeps over her. It's not for her but for Thomas. Tex has no idea where he is or where he could be. She focuses on the cracks on the sidewalk as she walks down the near empty sidewalk. The nearest bar is up ahead. The only people where about two hundred feet away.
Thomas doesn't know how long he's been out. With the front of the bar blocked from view he can't see what time of day it is. He decides to get up and notices the dark pouring in instead of sun. Thomas rushes for the door. He has no idea how bad he has messed up.
Tex stops to smooth her shirt over her enlarged stomach. The pain in her back and feet made her want to quit. She had walked the bridge to the mainland. The motorcycle was a risk and Thomas had taken the truck. She takes a deep breath in, not hearing the quick scuffle of feet behind her.
Someone grabs her. Tex is pulled to the side and pressed up against a wall. Fearing the worst, she can only scream. She struggles to turn around. Her assailant is clearly surprised by how strong she is. Tex manages to turn around to face the man but his face is blocked by shadows.
Thomas exits the bar to hear a scream. It may not have affected him had he not known who that scream belonged to. Allison! Thomas turns and looks down the sidewalk. A man has her pinned against the wall of a building. He is hurting his wife, his pregnant wife. Thomas can't control his rage and charges after the man.
"Get the fuck off of her!"
The man hits the ground hard. He struggles to sit up as Tho!as stands over him.
"Please don't kill me!"
"You keep your filthy fucking hands off of her!"
The assailant nods and runs off to whatever hole he crawled out of.
"Allison, are you okay?"
Tex hugs him, crying. "I went looking for you Tommy."
"Allie, I'm okay. I can defend myself. I'm sorry that I lost track of time. If something had happened to you I would never be able to forgive myself."
"I don't want you to be bored stuck at home with me, but I get worried after a while."
"We'll set a schedule up tomorrow. Let's go home. You're coming with me to get the truck."
"Okay."
Thomas smooths down Tex's hair. He gives her a kiss on the forehead before leading her down the street to the truck. Their hands are intertwined as they head the opposite way down the sidewalk.
All the attacker had only gotten the cash in Tex's pocket. It was American money, hardly worth anything compared to British pounds. She smiles at her cleverness while Thomas keeps her close to him.