Fear In Love

So yeah, another one I already had written and AgentKansas632 has already read it. This story takes place before Thomas and Tex know what the other is thinking. Sneaky little Zenoa though. This won't be her last appearance. I've just been reading a lot and decided, hey, I should put more of my stuff out there. This is a whole lot easier than using FanFiction, but it's blocked at school. Bummer. At least I can type this up without WiFi. That'll be me all Summer. Double bummer. Happy reading!

£
"Help me." The sound cuts through his dreams. Thomas wakes up and looks around his room. There is no one who could have produced the whisper.
"I'm going crazy. Killing people's finally getting to me."
He steps outside his room, wiping the tired look from his face. York steps out from the room beside his.
"Kansas? Thought I heard you. Did you hear that gunshot? Woke me up. Who would be shooting this late? And only once?"
"Wait, you heard a gunshot?"
York yawns. "That's what I said."
Thomas's eyes drift toward the door a few feet down from his, across the hall. He slowly walks toward the door.
"Hey, you alright man? Thomas?"
He pushes on the door; it's unlocked and opens. "Oh god. Please no."
Thomas rushes back into his room and puts his armor on. If the shot had been so near he would have heard it. He runs out and down the hall, only stopping to answer York.
"Where're you going?"
"To the range."
He enters the shooting range and is horrified. Tex is holding her side and gasping. A pool of blood has formed around her.
"T- Thomas." She looks at him and coughs, her body seizing with pain.
He knows the assailant could very well still be in the room, hiding behind a booth.
"Allison, are you okay?"
"Don't call me Allison, you asshole."
He smiles; she's okay.
"Who was it?"
"Take a guess."
"South?"
"No."
"Wash?"
"Really?"
"C.T.?"
"No."
"It was Hampshire, wasn't it?"
"Finally hit the jackpot." Agent New Hampshire emerges from his hiding spot.
"Thomas, get out of here!"
"I'm not leaving you, you'll die."
"Oh, just kiss already! You might as well before I kill you." Hampshire aims his gun at Thomas.
"You bastard! This was our fight! You leave her alone!"
"Not told little Allison our secret, have we? Maybe you shouldn't tell people things before you betray them."
"You betrayed me!"
"Wrong again." Hampshire shoots Tex in the leg, leaving her screaming and crying.
"NO!" Thomas tackles Hampshire to the ground. Hampshire's hand breaks on a post and he drops his gun. Now he is the one screaming.
Thomas rushes to Tex's side. "Tex?"
"I can't-, I can't-" She blacks out.
Thomas scoops her up as gently as he can. He'll need the help of his A.I.
"Zenoa?"
"Reporting Agent Kansas."
"I need you to activate my equipment."
"I see. I'll activate the speed boost."
Thomas runs lightning-fast to the med bay using his speed boost. The staff takes Tex from him and shoos him out.
"Hey, Zenoa, what do you think her chances of survival are?"
"Minimal, but with you around they increase."
"What does that mean?"
"You seem to alter her endless cycle of failure. She loves you, you know that, right?"
"Stop playing around Zenoa."
"I am speaking the truth."
"Tex would never be with a guy like me. She's independent, deadly, and totally badass."
"You deny yourself the truth. The facts are right in front of your face. Who came to her rescue? You. Who knew she was in trouble? You. Who does she call their real name, or should I consider Tommy your real name?"
"Zenoa," Thomas growls.
"You. Deny it all you want. You two will both continue to deny it."
"What the hell'd you do? Fucking scan her?"
"Yes."
Sometimes I really don't like you."
"And sometimes you do."
Thomas smiles. "Maybe one day I'll stop being a coward and say something."
"Well, Agent Texas does love a good chase."
"She does, doesn't she?"
"Perhaps leaving a mystery note?"
"You sure she won't know it's me?"
"I'm sure."
"Then I'll do it."