Sir Matthews

Oh my god, a song that describes me: American Idiot by Green Day. That's going to be my inspiration for this story. To my friend Maine: I AM NOT THE BRITISH ONE! That's Kansas. I'm just the crazy American. Kansas thinks it's funny and cute that I call myself that. Only he gets to call me cute and get away with it! He's right though, I talk to much. Crikey. God damn it... I did it again. I'm also going to say this occurs before they go to Texas in the Home shorts. Also, I can't stop laughing while writing this. Last two lines are real life quotes. Happy reading!

*
"Am I starting to sound British Tommy?"
"Only slightly dear." Thomas laughs at Tex.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Tex whines, hanging backwards off the bed.
"It means you'll always be American, no matter what. You'll never get rid of your accent."
"My accent?!"
Thomas simply laughed again. He stands in front of the gun safe, changing the combination after Leo figured it out.
"Yes, this is my country, I'm not the one with the accent here."
"Leo only has a partial one."
"That's because I'm British and you're American."
Tex sticks out her tongue at Thomas.
"Now you're acting like a child."
"Yes Sir Matthews."
"Now you've done it with that stupid nickname!" Thomas leaps towards Tex. She screams and launches herself off the bed and onto the floor.
"Ow, fuck that hurt."
Thomas picks her up and slings her over his shoulder.
"Tommy, Thomas, no!"
He throws her down on the bed.
"NO! You wouldn't dare!"
"Try me."
Thomas begins to assault her sides with tickles. She screams in laughter. "Thomas! Stop! No!" She can't stop laughing and squirming.
Thomas finally stops and Tex takes a deep breath, regaining her lost oxygen.
"Are you gonna call me that again?"
"I couldn't breathe! Now my head hurts from laughing!"
"Now my head hurts from laughing," Thomas mocks in a higher voice, not matching hers at all with his accent.
"Now who's being childish?"
"Still you."
"What?!"
"You know you love me."
Tex scoffs at him. "Do you honestly think that's going to work?"
"I suppose I could employ a very effective method..."
"I love you, I love you!"
Thomas wraps his arms around her and hugs her. "I love you too Allison."
"Yes Sir Matthews."
"Allison Matthews!"
Tex smiles sheepishly at him.
"Daddy, can I use this one?"
Leo stands in front of the open safe holding a Battle Rifle.
"God fucking damn it," Tex and Thomas say in unison.
"No Leo," Thomas answers his son.
Leo accidentally pulls the trigger, shooting a hole through the window. Tex jumps and throws Thomas off of her, onto the floor. She gets up and takes the rifle.
Tex puts the gun back in the safe and successfully changes the combination. "You had one job Thomas."
"No, I didn't. But there's one I'm not finished with."
Thomas slowly closes in on Tex as Leo runs down the hall, back to his room.
"I think you finished it."
Tex backs into a wall. Thomas is right in front of her now. His arms are in their attack position. Tex wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him. His thirst for revenge fades away and he wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her back.
"I guess you forgot."
"Oh, I didn't forget Tex."
"I'll make it up to you."
"You'd better hope so."
"Yes Sir Matthews."
"You're such a tease."
Tex takes off running down the hall and down the stairs. "Catch me if you can Tommy!"
"I'll be waiting for later!"
Tex climbs back up the stairs. "I'm an idiot."
Thomas decides to play along. "You're the American idiot."
"You're a dork."
"So are you."