4. Lifestyle

~

6 months ago

Justin's POV

"Justin."

I heard her whimper before she was taken away from me.

Alex helped her get inside the cab and threw the door shut. Ava looked at me one more time, sadness written all over her face.

I was left standing there like an idiot, holding onto an empty wheelchair, as the cab drove away. I felt like watching my whole life slip through my fingers and there was nothing I could do. Nothing. I was useless.

No, I need to get her back. She's not going. I need her.

And just out of nowhere I got an adrenaline peak and I started running, trying to follow the cab Ava was in.

I ran. And I ran and I ran. But of course I couldn't go as fast as the cab was going. I didn't even care if I was in the middle of an open road but I wasn't going to lose her. Eventually, though, I had to stop running. I was running totally out of breath and the cab had disappeared from my sight. She was gone.

"No..." I breathed rapidly, holding my hands behind my neck.

Cars drove by and honked at me but I didn't care. Not anymore. I could give two shits if I got weird looks from people driving or that I got arrested for doing this.

I needed my girl back.

A few moments later, I heard a call pullover behind me and a window was being rolled down.

"Justin, get in the car now!"

It was mom.

"Mom, she's gone. They-" I pointed at the direction they probably went.

"Now!" she repeated, and for once, I had to obey her.

Feeling defeated, I went to sit on the passengers seat, still trying to steady down my breathing as my mom started driving.

"That was totally an irresponsible thing to do. Absolutely horrible, Justin." mom was clearly very disappointed in me.

But hey, there wasn't a day in my life that she wouldn't be disappointed in me. I was a complete fuck up. I couldn't do anything right. Not even stay faithful to the girl I love or make her happy.

I wasn't basically even listening to her. All I did was stare forward through the windshield, without any emotion on my face. Everything was fucking me up.

"You could've been killed, do you understand? I know you love her, but that was such a stupid thing to do." she ranted on and on.

Usually I would feel bad for doing such things that made her upset, but at that moment I just couldn't feel anything. My mind was all over the place and all I cared about was preventing Ava from leaving.

I heard mom sighing because I wasn't really answering her nor was I even nodding or saying sorry to her. I bet she never wanted to me to be like this. She raised me to be a warm-hearted person who respects everyone no matter how they appeared on the outside or inside. But now, I was just a cold-hearted person only doing stupid things, not thinking about the possible concequences.

I wasn't going to give up, though.

-

I pushed the front door open and quickly jogged through my apartment to get to my bedroom. A person sitting on my couch caught my attention so I stopped.