24. Anxious

~

Justin's POV

My leg bounced against the wooden floor. Nervously I nibbled with my fingers as they rested on my lap. I was slouched back on an office chair with my hood covering my head.

It was almost 1pm and I had woken up just an hour ago. I was surprisingly early on the move.

I felt anxious. My whole body was stiff. I couldn't relax myself naturally even though I had tried everything. Nothing felt right.

I dug into my sweatpants' pocket to grab a small plastic jar. I popped the lid open and took a small pill called Xanax. I swallowed it without any water.

Suddenly the door of the studio opened.

"What's up?" a familiar voice echoed in the air.

I hadn't heard that voice in a very long time. I turned around in my chair to see Scheana standing in the doorway. She had a short white crop top on and a pair of leather jeans covering her widened hips. I wasn't sure but she looked like she had undergone a few surgeries since the last time I had seen her.

"What's up." I repeated her words, less enthusiastically though.

She stepped into the small studio, closing the door after. She threw her Balenciaga bag on the floor and sat down on another office chair.

"Been a long time." she said, maybe a little nervously.

But honestly, I've never seen that woman nervous. She was always so confident and a tiny bit of arrogant.

"Yup. Shall we start?" I cleared my throat, sitting up a little bit.

I tried my best to minimize the small talk. I had no interest in that and especially with her. To be honest I didn't really want to have an appointment with her but her manager offered a lot of money so I just thought; what the hell, let's do it. I was never really after the money but if she wanted me to write and produce her music that bad I guess I just went with it.

I didn't wait for her to answer so I just started to go through my MacBook.

"I have this song ready with vocals and everything, wanna hear it?" I asked, not even taking my eyes off the laptop's screen, "It's more house music. So do tell me if it's not your style."

I clicked open a file with music I had written. I protected that file with all my being. No one was allowed to go through it without my consent. Not even my mom.

The song started playing. It was called 'Wait for You'. The song suited a little better for a female voice so that's why I didn't want it for myself. I bopped my head with the rhythm without glancing at Scheana to see if she was liking it.

"Justin, wait." she said, almost shouting over the music, "Pause for a second."

I looked at her before pressing pause button.

She sighed, loudly.

My heart started pounding as I waited for what she had to say. It could be anything, from her problems to my problems to our problems. I wasn't ready to hear them, to face them. Especially when there was no us. I just wanted to live. Without any consequences I just wanted to live.

"What happened?" she finally spoke up.

It was my turn to sigh.

"With what?" I murmured, not looking at her.

"More like with who. Wasn't she pregnant, Justin?" she asked me, bluntly.

It was like she didn't care. And that made me suspicious.

"None of your business, Scheana." I told her, answering her question immediately.

My heart was still racing, more faster now. I put my hand on top of my hood covered head and rubbed it slowly.

I didn't want to talk about her. My heart was broken even though I was the one to ruin our relationship.

"I'm not trying to get information out of you. Don't get me wrong. I know I was mean to her that one night and I'm sorry about that. I wish I could apologize to her." she said.

I shook my head in disbelief. This wasn't the thing I came here to do. Was this a setup? Did she honestly offer me money just so she could talk to me?

"Scheana, we should get back to work. I don't have time for this."

"I just... wanna know what happened. Nothing else. I care about you and you don't seem right, to be honest." from the corner of my eyes I saw her stand up and walk up to me, sitting down on the table in front of me.

But that didn't make me look at her. My leg was bouncing again. I was nervous and anxious. I wanted to get away from here.

"One thing I know for sure," I stood up too, "You don't care about me. You ruined my relationship. She lost her baby because of you. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you. Period." and then I grabbed my laptop and left the dim-lighted room.

I walked along the hallway until I was behind the glass doors that lead to the streets. I saw a few paparazzis waiting next to my car. I had made a mistake with parking my car infront of the building.

"Justin, wait!" I heard from a short distance.

Shit, she cannot be seen with me. It would make me look like a complete asshole to... Ava.

I pushed through the double doors, pulling my hood down so the paparazzis wouldn't catch my face expression. I walked quickly to my car all the while hoping Scheana wasn't going to run after me.

~

comment comment comment

two chapters in a day, im on fire !! this was a little shorter i know