13. Decisions

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always answer your DMs, I would love to talk with you ❤️

~

Ava's POV

"Move in with me. To Calabasas." the words rolled off his tongue so easily, leaving me repeate the words in my head, over and over again.

Wait, what did he say again?

"What?" I breathed out, backing away a little since our faces were so close.

"Move in with me." he repeated, his smile still on his lips looking so unbreakable.

He's being serious.

"To Calabasas?" I had to make sure.

Well, it was where he lived nowadays. Not in New York, where I lived. He lived all the way across the continent, where the weather was warm around the year. He was asking me to move in with him. To live with him in Calabasas.

"Yes." he nodded, taking my hand up to his lips and kissing the back of it gently, while keeping his eyes on me.

I was shocked. Of course I knew this would be one of the steps in our relationship, but I didn'r realize it would come so soon. Because if I lived in New York and he in Calabasas, we would see each other like... Never.

"I know this is coming off so suddenly, but I can't have you thousands of miles away from me. I need you with me, like this, everyday." he spoke so smoothly and soothingly, it was making me go weak from my knees.

But I had bigger things to think about than his way of trying persuade me. I had to think about every aspect of my life that could be affected by me, moving away.

"But Justin, my whole life is basically... Well, here, in NY. My internship, my college, my friends and Alex. I can't just move away, suddenly, and leave all of this here." I blathered, my voice shaking because of how many thoughts were running through my head.

It was 1 in the morning and I was supposed to make a life changing decision right there and then.

Don't get me wrong, living with Justin would be everything I would ever need in my life, because he is my whole life. But I'm 21, still trying to make it in college and in my internship all the while trying to keep good terms with my family and friends. And also keep myself healthy, mentally and physically. I just came back from Brookhaven, it hasn't even been a month. And I felt like I wanted to prove everyone that I could do this, live on my own and take care of myself.

"I understand and I know we've never really talked about this, but I just- I want to take the next step and-"

I tried to listen to him explain why we should do it but something was telling me that he couldn't quite see my perspective.

"Justin, my college. I can't drop out and I won't. I want to graduate, I want to have a career. I can't just-" I hastily explained, getting all anxious but he interrupted me in the middle of it.

"So you don't wanna do this?" he asked, bluntly, letting go of my hand only for it to drop on my lap loosely, "I don't wanna force you into moving in with me."

His expression changed completely to a very serious one. Was he mad? Because if so, we were going to have another argument and I didn't want that.