3

"Kyle, lets go to the rodeo grounds." Dad yelled.

I grabbed my gear and went outside to the pickup. Tonight the rodeo is in town so I don't have to travel, but I'm still super nervous because all of my friends will be there. I hope Allie is there. She hasn't talked to me lately but that's because she's good friends with Emily. I bet Emily told her about what happened.

When we get to the rodeo grounds, all of us bull riders meet up and draw for order and bull. I ride 5th and I'm riding Just A Dream. Just A Dream isn't a dream. He's one of the craziest bulls in the Montana high school rodeo circuit. I get my gear on and we all say a prayer together. These guys may be my competition but we still stick together. When it's my turn, I lower myself into Just A Dream. I get situated and put my right arm up in the air. I nod and we are released from the chute. Just A Dream does his best to buck me off but I stay on for the whole 8 seconds. When the buzzer goes off, I jump off and climb over the fence.

"That was Kyle Lockwood with a score of 89." The announcer said and everyone cheered.

At the end of the night, I ended up winning the event. As I was walking to the truck, someone wrapped their arms around me from behind. I turned to see Emily.

"Hi Emily." I greeted.
"Hey sexy." She slurred.
"Are you drunk?" I asked.
"I'm drunk not." She slurred and I grabbed her hand.
"Cmon Em. I'm gonna take you home." I said and led her to the truck, where dad was waiting.

I told him the situation and he agreed to drive her home. I sat in the back with her and she kept trying to kiss me but I always pulled away. When we got to her house, I walked her up to her room and left, even though she wanted me to stay. When I got back in the truck, dad looked at me.

"That was very nice of you, son." He said and smiled.
"Dad, I'll continue bull riding until basketball season." I announced.
"I'm glad that you're gonna stick with it, Kyle." Dad said as he started to drive home.