6

"Kyle, can you come over for supper tonight?" Allie asked over the phone.
"Of course. What's the special occasion?" I asked.
"My parents want to meet the guy that I've been spending time with lately." She said softly.
"What time do you want me to come over?" I asked.
"6:30." Allie answered
"Okay, I'll see you then." I said.
"Bye, Kyle." She said and hung up.

I go outside and practiced on the mechanical bull for an hour before going inside to shower. I took a quick shower before drying off and getting dressed. I put on nice jeans and a Wrangler button up shirt. I slipped on my boots before grabbing my phone and keys and leaving the house. I got into my truck and drove to town. 10 minutes later, I pulled into Allie, driveway, her house is like a mansion. She opened the door to the house right as I got out. She met me halfway and gave me a hug.

"Do you want a tour of the house?" Allie asked nervously.
"That'd be great." I said and squeezed her hand.

She led me inside, and we took our shoes off by the door. Allie's house is very fancy. She showed me the kitchen, formal dining area, living room #1, living room #2, guest bedrooms, and so much more.

"Allie, where are your parents?" I asked.
"They're at a meeting. I'm not sure if they'll be back in time for supper. I really wanted them to meet you." She says sadly.
"Allie, I can meet them another time. The two of us can eat alone." I suggested.
"Okay. Our chef is cooking chicken and rice if that's okay." Allie said.
"That sounds perfect." I said and touched her hand, she jumped slightly.

"Allie, are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes, I'm fine. Do you want to see my room?" She asked, changing the subject.
"Sure." I answered.

Allie led me down the spiral staircase. At the end, it revealed her room.

"This whole thing is mine. I'm an only child, so we remodeled the basement to make it one big room." She said and blushed.
"I like it." I complimented.
"Thanks. You can make yourself comfortable if you want. I'm going to change out of my dress." Allie said and she went to the bathroom as I sat down on her bed.

When she came out, she was wearing shorts and a tank top. I could faintly see bruises on her shoulders and legs. The bruises littered her body.

"Allie, how'd you get those bruises?" I asked softly as she sat beside me on the bed.
"I'm a very clumsy person." She said nervously.
"Who gave these to you, darling?" I asked and put my arm around her, she flinched.
"My father beats me." Allie whispered.