5

"Kyle, do you want to invite Allie over for supper tonight?" Dad asked.
"Dad, she's not my girlfriend. I'm not going to invite her over." I spat.
"You need to stop being a fuckboy and find a nice girlfriend. I think Allie would be perfect for you. She might actually change your attitude." Dad said.
"I'll invite her over just to make you happy." I said and dialed Allie's number.

"Hello." Allie greeted.
"Hey Allie. Do you want to come over at 6 for supper with my parents?" I asked.
"I'd love to." She answered.
"Sounds great! I can't wait to see you." I said and smiled.
"Do I need to dress up?" Allie asked.
"Maybe just a little bit, but nothing too fancy." I answered.
"Well, I'm gonna go get ready. I'll see you later." She said.
"Bye darling." I said and hung up.

"Is she coming over?" Mom asked.
"Yes, she is." I answered and smiled.
"Does Kyle have a crush?" Dad asked.
"No. She's just a friend." I said and went to my room.

I changed into a nice pair of dark jeans and a black polo shirt. Then, I helped mom get ready for supper.

10 minutes before 6, there was a knock on the door. I opened it to reveal Allie and my mouth dropped open. She looked stunning in her short floral sundress and sandals. Her hair was curled slightly and I could tell that she had a bit of makeup on.

"You look gorgeous." I complimented as I let her inside.
"Thank you." Allie said and blushed.
"Hi Allie." My parents greeted at the same time.
"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Lockwood." Allie greeted.

We sat down at the table and we chatted as mom finished supper. For supper, we had steak and baked potatoes. After supper, we all went out on a trail ride.

"Allie, what do you want to be after high school?" Mom asked on the trail ride.
"I want to be a veterinarian. I know it's a lot of work, but I really have a passion for animals." Allie answered.
"That's a great profession. What school do you want to go to?" Mom asked.
"I'm not sure yet. I've been looking at several." Allie said and smiled.
"Well, I wish you luck in your future." Mom said.
"Thank you so much." Allie said.

We finished the trail ride and went back to the house to watch a movie. Allie and I sat on the love seat together  while mom and dad sat on the couch. Halfway through the movie, I felt Allie snuggle into my side. I smiled down at her and put my arm around her shoulders. She looked up at me and smiled. After the movie ended, Allie had to go home.  I walked her out to her car and she gave me a huge hug before getting in.

"Thanks for everything, Kyle." She said.
"You're welcome. Thanks for coming out." I said.

Allie closed her door and smiled as she pulled out of the driveway.