19

Quinn is 15 and she's a freshmen in high school. Her brother Quinnton is 9 and he's in 4th grade.

"Hey daddy." Quinn said cheerfully as she walked into the house after school.
"Quinn, what'd you do?" I asked.
"Dad, I have a boyfriend." She said softly,
"Who?" I asked.
"Taylor Kimzey." Quinn answered.
"Quinn, I forbid you to see him." I said angrily,
"But daddy, he's sweet." She pleaded.
"His father raped someone when he was a littler older than Taylor. I'm sure Taylor would do the same." I announced.
"Dad, you don't know Taylor like I do. I've been friends with him for 9 years." Quinn said angrily.
"I need to spend a day with him before I allow him to take you out." I said.
"Okay." Quinn said and started to walk off.
"Tell him to come here at 6 am on Saturday. And he needs to be wearing some camo." I said and grinned.

At 5:45 on Saturday, Taylor was knocking on the front door. He was dressed in camo from head to toe and he was carrying a compound bow. Allie came down the stairs, rubbing her eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked.
"I'm just spending some time with Quinn's boy toy." I said and lead Taylor out of the house.

"Mr. Lockwood, what are we going?" Taylor asked.
"We are going snipe hunting Taylor." I teased.
"Sir, I'm not stupid." He said softly.
"You can put the bow in your truck because we are just going o take a walk to check my trail cameras." I said.
"Okay sir." Taylor said and put his bow away in his truck.

We started the walk towards the woods, and Taylor was very quiet.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" I asked, even though I'm scared of his answer.
"Sir, I've liked Quinn since we were little. I'm not going to hurt her, and I really hope you'll let me take her out." Taylor said and smiled.
"Can you see yourself marrying Quinn after college?" I asked.
"Yes sir. I think she'd make an amazing wife." He answered.
"Do you know about what your father did when he was about 22?" I asked.
"Yes sir and I promise that I would never do that to your daughter and I wouldn't let anyone else do that to her. I'm very ashamed of what my dad did." Taylor said.
"Well Taylor, you've earned my trust and I'm going to let you take Quinn out. But if you hurt her, I'll band you like a bull calf." I said.
"Thank you sir, and I promise that I won't hurt Quinn." Taylor said and smiled.

An hour later, we arrived back at the house. I invited Taylor in and he cuddled with Quinn on the couch.

"I remember when we were like that." Allie said and smiled.
"Those were the good old days. I miss being young." I said and kissed Allie.

THE END!!!!!!!