Chapter 11

"I would like to do something for you. After all, it was me who made you worried." his hand stopped rubbing your back and raised to your hair, slightly playing with the strands of your hair.

"Why..."

"Johan, you really don't have to do anything. It's enough that you survived and that you're alright." you let a small sigh, your head on his shoulder, taking into his scent, your arms still wrapped around him. "It's not like you started the fire."

"You know that I wouldn't be able to let you go home like this." Johan cupped your cheeks, a small smile playing on his lips as his eyes stared into yours, making you forget everything what had happened just a few seconds ago " ________, let's go on a dinner tonight. Just you and me, let's forget everything for just one night."

"I was so worried...I lost my calm because of him..." you tightened your grip on the pillow, hiding your face into the soft material, your eyes closed.

Losing yourself into his deep ocean eyes, you nodded, your expression brightened, your heart racing 3 times faster than usual "That would be nice..."

"Is this what people call love..."

"I will pick you up at 8PM."

------

Standing in front of the mirror, you twirled around once more to make sure your red dress didn't have any stain or anything out of place. You were thinking of wearing heels but then again, you knew that they were very uncomfortable and didn't make you feel stable on your own legs so you had decided to wear red and comfy flats instead. Your hair was slightly curled at the edges, making it looks fancy and attractive.

Johan hadn't told you where the two of you would go out for a dinner but knowing Johan for quite some time, you knew he preferred fashionable restaurants instead of the cheap ones.

"I wish I had time for love..."

Do I even know how to love?

Even though I dislike being around people I don't care...

A knock on your door interrupted your thoughts as you looked one final time into the mirror. You shook your head and forced a small smile on your face. You didn't want to be negative.

I will learn how to love...

You made your way to the door and unlocked it. The hallway lights peeked into your apartment as the familiar man in black suit smiled at you. He didn't say a word but his hand moved upwards, showing a beautiful black rose in front of you. You blinked as your lips slightly parted, amazed by the fact that he had been able to find a black rose since they were quite rare and very expensive. It also impressed you that he had chosen to bring you a black rose instead of red one.

But then again, had Johan ever been anything like an ordinary guy?

A smile crossed your lips as you took the rose in your hand, your smile still admiring its beauty and elegance.

It really was in Johan's style.

"Are you familiar with the meanings of black roses?" he asked in his smooth and melodic voice, his hands behind back, a usual serene smile playing on his lips.

"Death, loss, mortality..." you trailed off as you looked into his eyes, losing yourself into his deep ocean blue eyes once again "but also confidence, hope, joy....the new beginning. I always wanted one." Your chest become fuzzy and warm, a sudden feeling of peacefulness and enjoyable disturbance washed over you. Stepping closer, you smiled at Johan and placed one gentle kiss on his cheek. His skin was soft and felt nice under your lips. He didn't move one bit he slightly tensed at your sudden way of showing affection. You whispered a small thanks and added that you would be back real quick just to put the flower in a vase.

Johan's P.O.V.

As soon as ________ got inside her apartment to place the flower in a vase, my hand unconsciously rose up to the place where she had kissed me. Her lips felt soft on my cheek and the sensation I felt was...unfamiliar. I never liked being touched, let alone kissed by someone. Even my twin sister Anna, my other half, was no exception to this rule.

Yet ________ Tenma had broken this rule twice in the same day and did....did this. Monster wasn't supposed to get weaker but greater. She shamelessly exposed her attachment to me and tried to reach into the deepest corner of my persona, twisting and changing the way I looked at her.

That sensation, that flame inside me which kept growing more and more, just like a monster inside me, terrified me. I would feel as if I was bare and exposed to the small world which the two of us managed to create for ourselves.

I wasn't supposed to get attached to Dr.Tenma's sister.

Oh no. Not at all.

After I had found out for her existence, I just wanted to keep myself amused by getting closer and finding out more about her. She would get her memories back (I knew she would, _______ Tenma was too smart for her own good), find her brother and see the scenery of doomsday with Doctor Tenma by her side. It was merely a small experiment of mine to become her friend (or like things turned out, her first friend) and to see what kind of reaction she would have once she find out that I was not only her first friend but the same monster who was her brother after.

Would she cry, would she refuse to believe in the truth, would she laugh at the unexpected turns of events?

I still wasn't particularly sure why Doctor Tenma had never mentioned his own sister to any of the patients, his friends or the papers which he had to fill up when he had started working as a doctor. The small column with the title blood-related siblings was blank. What exactly had happened was only contained in _______'s forgotten memories.

"Sorry for waiting. " she sheepishly smiled at me and locked the door after her, slipping the small key in the pocket of the white jacket which completed her outfit.

My mask of the perfection automatically got back on "No need to apologize, my dear."

Dear.

It started as a mocking nickname since the people around would always assume that we were dating, forming a meaningless relationship just because we were in that age when most of the people already had so-called significant other. That would be always make me laugh. Such a thing was just an illusion to make them feel better about themselves.

But now, for the first time in my whole life, I was unsure was dear a mocking nickname anymore.

"So, when your journey will going to start?" I asked as we were walking next to each other outside towards the limousine I rented.

She stopped walking and looked at me with the eyes full of sadness yet the same sparkle of hope and pureness which Dr.Tenma's eyes hold a long time ago. It still amazed me how she could have hope in life and better tomorrow after everything. She was stronger person than I thought.

Maybe I should just kill her?

It would get rid of everything unnecessary which her presence was containing.

She smiled like nothing was wrong and as if she had the best life someone could think of "Not tonight. You said we would forget everything tonight."

I couldn't kill her. It wouldn't be fair towards Doctor Tenma. Their reunion should be my last gift to him.

Or maybe but just maybe, a tiny little part of me did not want to kill her.