Chapter 16

*Blink and you might miss some stuff from Another Monster ;)

                       Kenzo's P.O.V.

"I, I'm so in love with you"

"Whatever you want to do is alright with me"

I heard a soft feminine voice softly singing as my mind was trying to proceed what had happened. A ghost of a smile appeared on my lips as I realized what song that was. Slowly, I opened my eyes, looking at the white ceiling, still feeling very tired and weak. Memories were slowly started coming back to my mind.

After encountering Johan in the library, I saved Nina and Mr. Schuwald but after after bringing them to the nearest hospital, and making sure they were fine, I could not stay there for too long because of the security. Chasing Johan for such a long time, being sleep deprived, and not eating well, I collapsed right in front of my apartment. Not really an apartment either...I just used it for sleeping. I was barely spending any time inside. Hell, I did not even know who were my neighbours. But how could I eat or sleep? Would one be able to blame for not taking care of myself? I had brought that monster back to life, which turned my life upside down, and also....

My eyes became gloomy, and tears threatened to slide down. The agony, the feeling of being a failure as an older brother who was supposed to protect the only sister I had had.

It hurt.

I remembered her. Her laugh, her small figure, her sparkling eyes whenever I visited Japan since I was attending University in Germany....

_______, my younger sister.

Her memorial day is supposed to be soon.

I let out a small sigh, keeping my emotions inside. I did not have time to remember her.

She is already gone....not like I can do anything about it.

Not like I did anything when I was supposed to...

                                         ~Flashback~

"Onii-chan! You are so slow! You can't catch me~" a small h/c coloured girl was running down the hallway, childish and careless laugh escaping her mouth.

"C'mon, that's not fair! I'm 13 years older than you! Can't you play a little easier with me?" I let out a small laugh, and chased after her. I knew it was a silly for me as an grown-up to play this but a little game with my younger sister would always make us both laugh, and forget about anything.

It was my first break from University since forever, and of course, after I had finally be given that opportunity, I decided to visit my parents, half-brothers, and my younger sister ________.

Well, mostly _______. My father was just nagging me about my life decisions and hospital while mother would just price my half-brothers and asked nothing of me. Except that moment during the dinner when she'd asked about my education. I knew she wasn't interested. She was just being polite. One thing that I noticed and was bugging me was the fact that they never once said anything about _______. Yes, I knew that ________ Tenma wasn't planned to be born, and mother's pregnancy with her was unplanned and just happened after mother and father had gotten drunk at the party, but still....

She was their child, and my sister. My only blood related sibling.

However, the only information which I knew about _______'s doing was from ______ herself. She would always tell me everything what was happening, what anime she was following, what manga she was reading, how she was doing at school etc. She acted like a normal Japanese kid...most of the time. There were times when her questions, answers, and advices about life would surprise me. Or her questions and answers about any kind of existentialism issues, or simply human beings in general, mostly human psychology. One of those odd, there wasn't even an adjective that could describe well enough when a kid ask you this type of questions, was "Would people feel less miserable or even happy if they experience Hell with someone they care about?" However, all of my doubts would fade away as soon as she chuckled and added "Just curious, Onii-chan."