Chapter 40

Your P.O.V.

After talking with Nina...no, scratch that. It was more like you shouting at her and calling her a liar after everything she had told you about her twin brother Johan Liebert. Which wasn't even his real name.

The man...the monster had no name.

The same man who you loved more than anything, who was there for you from the very beginning, talking about everything...but was that really talking? Had he genuinely been interested? Perhaps....as long as he had been able to find any piece of information, he would act interested. Your first friend and boyfriend, your lover, the same man you had lost your virginity with, the same man who was able to make you feel as if the whole world was only yours, who would make you feel adored, loved and safe of every rotten thing in this world. The man who could brighten up your day with just one single smile, whose words would make you feel happy and erase everything bad from its existence...

Was that man the same monster you had been searching for?

The monster who killed God-knows-how-many people both directly and indirectly? Who destroyed lives by toying with them as if they had no value? The monster who was responsible for everything that was happening to your brother?

Perhaps you had some tiny doubts in the back of your mind the whole time? Perhaps, you were the one who didn't want to look at the truth in its ugly eyes?

Maybe...just maybe, you wanted for everything to be just a one big fat lie?

How can I possible face Johan again?

--------

I must go. . .

Another silent week passed in nothing more but sobbing, shouting, and crying-

Your goal completely changed.

The world seemed to stop moving each time you pondered your head over the fact he was the same monster.

Finding Tenma would be easy.

But-

Killing Johan-

Ending life in those blue eyes of his-

"Where is this going to end, Johan?" you sent a message without hesitating, knowing very well that the monster would respond. No, he needed to reply to you. His hiding from you was not a part of his modus operandi.

Every time he behaved strange. . .

Now everything fits so perfectly. . .

His message was simple, and just one word.

"Ruhenheim"

------

You stood in a small mostly isolated abandoned hotel that looked over the village perfectly.

I am genuinely scared what's he planning to do in here. . .

Something tells me. . .

There is more than Onii-chan or me ending his life. . .

The monster was right behind the door. Your eyes gloomy, saddened and exhausted from everything. Your lips trembled, as you glanced at the gun that was in your hand.

If only I wasn't in love in him so badly-

If only his light was not fake-

If only his darkness didn't pull me in so deeply-