Chapter 42

Your P.O.V.

"Goodbye, my dear." was said in a hushed tone, and Johan approached you once again, placing a small hand-gun in your hands. For a moment, you glanced back and forth between him and the gun.

Why?

Why would you give me your gun?

He didn't say a single word but you knew he had very reason for giving you his gun (or, at last, one of his guns). Johan was well aware that you would not shoot at him either. . .

Then why?

Confusion wriggled inside you as you slowly put the gun inside your pocket. Sometimes, the blonde man didn't make any sense.

"You will come out alive, right? Did the world burn up this very moment, you would come out alive. You will stand by Dr Tenma's side alive and well."

You bit your bottom lip, and looked at him once again. His eyes were still narrowed as if he thinking of something of a very important matter. The monster would not lay a finger on you but then what was his reason to give you a gun? Your own was already laying on the ground, empty and useless. He also knew you were going outside to see Kenzo so why-

And then the realization hit your mind! At least, a bit of the scenery that Johan had planned. And it gave you a sense of nostalgia as well.

Johan had saved you from his own scenery that day in library as well! Schuwald's donation ceremony!

Whatever he was planning this time, the gun was probably meant to be your weapon so you could protect yourself from whoever. . .or whatever the blonde devil had planned.

You made a small nod towards him, and his eyes softened for a tiny moment.

------------

What's...

You swallowed your saliva, a small fear raising in you as you stared at two dead bodies on the ground. The ground was soaked with the rain, mud and their blood, creating a scene that looked like as if it was taken from a horror movie. Except this...was real.

. . . going on here?

You continued running near buildings, keeping yourself quiet as much as possible. The old couple were not the only ones who were killed. As you started going towards the centre of Ruhenheim, more and more victims were on ground. It sent chill down your spine not knowing what the Hell happened to all those people!

Just like Kinderheim-

A memory from that bloody night rushed through your mind, and was replaced with another, more fearsome one. Kenzo's safety!

Terror spread your body but you calmed yourself down with deep breathing. This was Johan's scenario. Whatever he was trying to achieve, he would not lay a finger on your brother or you. It was one of the unwritten rules that Johan had never spoken of but were quite clear to you.

I am feeling like a monster-

Keeping a poker face even during this- this Hell! But I can't-

I must find Kenzo before-

A mere idea of your older brother, from who you were separated for so long, ending Johan....

I don't blame you though. Were I in your situation, I would have end this a long time ago...

Onii-chan, you are just not cut out for this...