Chapter 38

Your P.O.V.

"My legs are killing me." You said to yourself as you got inside the apartment, taking off your shoes as soon as you got in. Since Johan had met up with his friend, you decided not to bother him after meeting with Christoph but just sent him a message via your cellphone once you decided to go back to the apartment.

I want some ice cream. I hope there is some in the fridge.

But first...

You went inside the bedroom, quickly changing to the black nightgown with a white flowers as a decorations over it. Letting your hair down you shoulders, you felt pressure leaving your head "Much better."

First you went to the living room, and turned on the TV, leaving it on a random channel. Walking barefoot towards the kitchen, you approached the fridge, and opened it only to find that there was some of the vanilla flavoured ice cream left. You took the small container with a smile on your face, found a small spoon, and indulged yourself in eating the sweet and cold goody.

"Leaving me alone was not very nice, my dear."

You immediately froze, and turned around with a spoon still in your mouth. Johan was standing still all dressed up, one of his hands lightly leaning on the kitchen table, his eyes fixated on you.

Swallowing the sweet cream that was inside your mouth, you gave him an apologetic smile "I didn't want to be a bother to you and Christoph so I sent you a message so you would that I left. I am sorry but I..." you took a bit of the ice cream, looking at the container this time "I didn't want to be there anymore. Not now...I have too much worries on my mind at the moment to bother myself with a fake smile, and, had I stayed longer, I would have got drunk."

"Be careful"

What did you mean by that, Eva?

"You," the blonde man took one of your hands, and rose it up, leaving a small gentle kiss on top of it, "a bother? That doesn't seem possible to me."

A small smile crossed your face, and your heart skipped a beat at Johan's words.

"You looked perfect, my dear."

How can you say that while I am eating an ice cream in my nightgown?

"Although, I personally prefer you in this rather than the evening dress."

Well-

It was not the first time Johan's comments went from being a gentleman to a pervert in a matter of seconds.

Your cheeks reddened, and you made a small pout "Pervert!"

But before Johan and you continued anything else-

"Breaking news, the criminal responsible for four murders of middle-aged couples, former doctor Kenzo Tenma has escaped the prison this afternoon. The police are still searching for him." The woman on the TV said, as your eyes widened in shock. Quickly, you passed Johan, abandoned the ice cream on the table, and approached the couch, slightly leaning to it, listening to every single detail that the woman said. Your heart started beating faster as you clutched your palms.

"...Why?" You facepalmed, as you started walking back and forth in the room, as if that would bring you an answer "That's just going to make you more suspicious, Onii-chan. I-I have to go!"

"At this hour?" The young man approached, his hands behind his back as a small serene smile crossed his face "That's quite dangerous."

"I appreciate your worry but I can take good care of myself." You said, and once again started going towards your (and his) room but Johan's voice seemed to get desperate for a tiny second.