Chapter 18

Kenzo's P.O.V.

As my mind and body were slowly starting coming back to their senses, I remembered that I was still in _______'s room, and not my own apartment. I lift up myself in the bed and rubbed my eyes. Letting out a small yawn even though I had slept more than usual, I called out her name since I saw no sight of the young h/c colored girl. For a moment I felt silly because I remembered her words from the night before.

"I am leaving in the morning."

I did not know where she was supposed to go but I could not really ask about it either. What kind of self-discovery had she meant when she spoke those words I was not sure. She seemed to be a type of person who would rather keep her feelings and thoughts to herself than sharing them. Although she had told me one thing about herself.

She loves him.

For a second I was curious about the person's name and his personality. Just who was the guy who made her fall that badly in love with him?

A small smile crossed my face as I got out from the comfortable bed, and slowly starting making my way towards the door. I would have lied to myself if I said that I wasn't kinda envy to the young woman. I had never had a person whom I loved that badly, and who could fully understand me even when I was silent. Sure, Eva and I had been engaged and I did care for her but I did not love her in that way. What Eva and I had was no sort of a deep and passionate love that made you want to be with the one you love for eternity, and alone in your own world with little to no cares about reality whatsoever. I did not love her the way I wanted to love someone.

But then again, I really had no time for those thoughts. Although could one blame me for them? I was just a human...

I let a small sigh of annoyance as I realized that I had forgotten my bag next to the bed, and I made my way back. The morning feeling of dreadfulness was still wavering inside me so I accidentally hit the desk with my right leg.

"Ow!"

I rubbed my leg as I picked up the notebook which had fallen from the desk. It got opened so I flipped through a couple of pages out of curiosity. There weren't a lot of drawings, but there was a decent amount of them. They weren't magnificent but they were really well drawn. With some more practice she could easily be a great artist. Most of drawings were nature such as flowers, trees, dawn, or kids playing in the park-

My eyes widened in the horror, and fear as I flipped on the last drawing. The drawing of a monster and our ironic conversation that hit my mind like a brick! Morning dreadfulness disappeared and my mind, my body were full of fear for the young woman and determination to save her life at any cost!

I would recognize him anywhere.

Johan!

Your P.O.V.

I am dead tired...

Finding a bus that was cheap and could take you to East Berlin early in the morning had not been an easy task but in the end you managed to do it. Fortunately, the bus had stopped near one of the cheap motels so you were able to stay there for the time being. You let a small sigh and opened the bag which you brought with you, searching for a particular notebook about everything that you could recall from being in Kinderheim 511.

Funny, I know more about that Hellish orphanage than my own childhood.

However, you were well aware of the fact that the information you possessed were not enough, and that, if you truly wished to find more about yourself, you needed to research the history of Kinderheim 511 from the root. Not that you wished to be reminded of that infernal part of your past, though.