Chapter 17

Your P.O.V.

"Don't bother your brother. He is studying to be a doctor one day. Not just a bother like you."

Kenzo...Tenma?

"Nice name..."you trailed off, and ran your hand through your hair with a small smile on your face "Sorry, I must be acting weird. I had a very...very long day."

His name...

I heard it somewhere...

I am sure...

But where?

A small but tired smile crossed the man's face as he spoke "It's fine. I don't want to be a bother. You seem to be very tired."

Your eyes slightly widened in surprise as you shook your head "You're not a bother at all. Can you please wait here for a moment?"

Before the man could even answer to your mostly rhetorical question since he was in bed, you went to the kitchen and took the small meal which you had made for him. It was nothing big, just two sandwiches and some fruits cut in a small blue bowl, but it would help him regain his strength.

You back to the room where Tenma was, and placed the wooden food tray in front of him. He seemed surprised.

"I assume you collapsed because of fatigue. You need to regain your energy." you slightly smiled and went to the window, looking out at the stars and full moon.

The weather is going to be colder soon. I should start searching from tomorrow morning. I should not waste my time anymore...

I guess I could start searching from that Hell...

"Is the food delicious? I am not very good at cooking." you sheepishly smiled at the man and sat on the chair next the bed once again.

"It's great," he took a bite of one of the sandwiches, eating it slowly as if his mind and body was not used on anything like it "I really appreciate your kindness."

A small smile spread your lips and you placed your legs up on the chair, sitting in Buddha style, answering to him in Japanese "It's nothing. No need to thank me, Tenma-san. I hope you don't mind speaking with me in Japanese. The friend I have speaks only in German and Latin. Although he is trying to master Japanese as well."

And I might trigger some memories by speaking Japanese with you.

The man looked at you with a small surprise but answered nonetheless "I don't mind at all. I haven't spoken to someone in Japanese in a long time. The last time I did it was with me parents about..." he paused for a moment as if he was remembering something very painful "Nothing..."

"I think you would feel better if you share your pain with someone," you slightly smiled as you looked straight into his eyes "It worked for me, at least...It makes you feel as if you are not alone, after all. I know I am just a stranger but for some reason, I don't like seeing you in pain. You seem to be a very good man. I am certain you don't deserve this.''

Kenzo Tenma...your voice, it might be crazy but...there is something about you that makes me feel nostalgic. Oh-so-very-nostalgic...

His eyes averted to the tray once again and his eyes became gloomy and sad. For a few seconds he was silent as if he was debating whether to tell you his story or not. He stopped eating and kept his gaze down "The last time I talked like this was...with my younger sister. You remind me of her, and the two of you share the same name. She would be your age if..."a few tears slid down his cheeks to his clutched hands "if she didn't die."