Chapter 2

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"How many times? N. O. Spells. NO!"

"Congratulations, you can spell! But guess what? I can too! Y. E. S. Spells. YES!"

I rolled my eyes and placed my head in my hands. These two are honestly the closest pair siblings I've ever met, but they fight over the simplest -and stupidest- of things. Right now being a perfect example, the pizza guy arrived and asked if we wanted extra packets of sauce. Shawn, said no because they already have some in the cupboard, and Aaliyah... well I'm pretty sure she said yes just because Shawn said no, but that's not the point. 

And besides this, the pizza guy looks scared shit-less. 

Sighing, I stood up from my seat on the sofa and walked towards the door where Shawn and Aaliyah were stood arguing. Pushing past them I took the pizza from the delivery guy, and handed him the twenty that was in Shawn's hand.

"Thanks for the offer, but no, we don't need the sauce... Oh, and keep the change." I said before slamming the front door shut.

I started to walk back into the kitchen, with the siblings following behind me.

"Beckkyyy." I heard Aaliyah whine, but I ignored her, setting the boxes down on the island and opening them up. 

"Don't be sad Aaliyah, she's just not an idiot... and knows we have sauce in the cupboard!!"

Rolling my eyes at Shawn's comment, I took a slice of pizza before turning around and looking at both of them.

"No offence guys... but your both idiots, and thanks to your arguing, the pizza is lukewarm." I said pouting, causing them both to laugh and Shawn to come up to me. 

"Aww, only you would complain about a pizza being lukewarm." He said, capturing me in a bear hug. I laughed back at him, ignoring the warm feeling in my chest. 

And only after he let me go, I had realised he had eaten my pizza slice.

I scowled at him, "Not cool." I muttered, causing him and Ali to both laugh back at me.

~~~

Ali and I soon finished our pizza upstairs in her room, then we started talking about random subjects and went on our phones... What's new?

"Awww!" Ali cooed from behind her phone, and I look towards her.

"What?" I asked, "Is it one of those dog videos were it sticks it's nose through everything circular? Let me see, let me see!" I said, getting all excited.

"Nope." She laughed, shooting me down.

"Well then I ain't interested." I pouted, going back to my phone.

"It was one of those cute couple videos, you know the ones were they surprise each other." Ali said, in a dreamy voice. "Why does no one ever surprise me."

I snorted, "Because when you get scared you lose control of your limbs. Last time I scared you, you punched me in the eye." I'm not even lying, that's also part of the reason why I don't just walk into her house like she does mine... I had a black eye for 2 weeks!

"You have to admit, that was pretty funny." She laughed,

"It was not!" I yelled, "I had a black eye for weeks!" This however only caused her to laugh louder.

"Wait." She said, after she had finished laughing, "What was we talking about."

I rolled my eyes, but answered her anyways. "About how you want to be in a 'cute relationship with someone who surprises me'. " I said, in a mocking voice.

"Hmm." She mused, "Who do you like?" 

"What?!" Her question caught me off guard, and I didn't know what to say. 'Oh yeah! I've had this huge crush on your brother for... The entire time I've known you, surprise!' 

"Who do you like you idiot, it wasn't a hard question."

"Well... I don't really, I mean, I don't know... I guess, no one?" I muttered, looking down.

"Did that even sound believable to yourself?" Nope, "Because it certainly didn't to me."

"Well I..."     

Beep Beep

I looked down to my phone, and I suddenly couldn't love my mom and her protectiveness anymore.

"Sorry Aaliyah, moms here, so I've got to go." I said, quickly jumping up from her bed. 

"Oh, okay." Ali said, quickly following me so she could walk me to the door.

 Once down stairs and outside I gave Ali a brisk hug. 

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" I smiled, and began to walk away.

"Yeah that's fine. Don't think I'll forget about you not answering me though! I know there's someone... and I will find out who!" I heard her yell back, as I climbed in the car.

Yeah... but you probably really won't want to know who once you've found out.