Chapter 8

Recap

"Becky?!"

My head snapped towards the voice that had called my name, and I felt like crying.

Shawn was making his way over to my from across the ice.

My poor heart.

Chapter 8

"Becky?!" Shawn called out once more, but I just sat there, staring at him.

Why is he here? I thought, utterly confused

Surely if anyone was to come it would be Ali... Right?

"Becky?" This time, his voice was just above a whisper, and his tone was questioning. I looked down towards the ice, feeling embarrassed at the whole situation.

"Hey, come on." Shawn said, placing his cold hands on my face, causing me to look up towards him. He then took my hands in his own, and pulled me to my feet before embracing me in a tight hug.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, and buried my face in his jumper. I was surrounded by his familiar smell and I melted into the hug, feeling much more relaxed.

"Why did you leave?" He asked, "What's wrong?" His voice was so gentle and inviting, I just wanted to admit everything to him. 

I wanted to tell him how I loved him and couldn't bare to see him with anyone else, chancing everything on the slither of hope I grasped, that he may feel the same way.

I felt his hand stroke my hair, and I let out a small whimper. 

"Becky?"

"I-I... I told you when I left... I felt, I felt sick." I muttered, wanting to disappear in his arms.

"Don't lie to me Becky... please, I was so worried. Please, tell me the truth." Shawn pleaded, sounding genuinely upset. "Was it Aaliyah? Was it what she was asking you? Is there... Was it about a... about a boy?" He asked, sounding almost hurt. 

Does he like me? Would he like me? Could he like me? 

No... I mean, even if he did; It would never be to the same amount I feel for him... Because he definitely does not love me.

I know he cares for me, or else he wouldn't be here. But can I really admit my feelings to him? It would change everything.

What if he never wants to see me again?

What if it causing Ali and I to lose our friendship?

Speaking of Ali, why isn't she here, isn't she supposed to be my best friend? 

"Where's Ali?" I asked him, ignoring the sting of questions he had previously asked me.

"Mum and dad wouldn't let her leave the house, they said it was too late to be out here alone, or even if she came with me." He replied.

Oh. So he's only here because Ali couldn't come?

"So you only came because Ali couldn't?" I muttered, trying to keep the hurt and disappointment out of my voice.

"Hey." Shawn said, rather sternly, and pulled me away from his chest so he could look me face to face. "Don't think that, don't ever think that okay?" He tucked a stray piece of hair behind me ear, before he spoke again. "Me being here has nothing to do with Ali. I'm here because I want to be here, because I want to be here for you."

I felt my heart crack at his words. He has no idea how much those few little words affect me, and much they make me love him even more then I already do.

"Okay." I said, just managing to give him a small sad smile.

"Now Becky, please, please just talk to me, and tell me the truth... What was the real reason you left? Was it Ali? Was it what she was trying to make you answer?"

If only you knew all...