Chapter 10

Recap 

"Okay." I said, just managing to give him a small sad smile.

"Now Becky, please, please just talk to me, and tell me the truth... What was the real reason you left? Was it Ali? Was it what she was trying to make you answer?"

If only you knew all...

Chapter 10

Becky's POV

"I-I..." I stared into Shawn's eyes as he held me, there was so much emotion in them; hurt, worry, sadness, happiness... love?

I took a shaky breath, look down towards the ice and squeezing my eyes tightly together.

This is it.

"Yes."

Well done Becky, that was totally what you were meant to say.

"What?" Shawn asked, sounding confused.

"I left because of what she was trying to make me answer." I quietly said, looking back up to meat his eyes.

"You like someone..." Shawn cast his eyes away, and pressed his lips tightly together... He looked, hurt? 

Should I do this... Can I do this?

"Yes... I do. There's this person, this boy." I started, already planning out everything I was going to say, one word at a time. "He's amazing... And I really like him, I love him..." 

Shawn's eyes were back on mine, at the mention of 'love' and something changed. His already dark eyes only seemed to darken, and I took see him clenching his jaw. I carefully traced my finger down the side of his face, and I felt him shiver beneath me.

"I've known him for a long time now." I carried on, "I liked him, well, since the day I met him really. But, I only fell in love with him in the past few years." I placed my hands on either side of Shawn's face, to make sure he wouldn't look away from me as I spoke. 

"I foolishly fell in love with my best friends brother."

We fell into a cold silence after the words left my mouth, and I felt like I had been stabbed.

This was a mistake, I knew I should have never said anything.

I pulled my hands away from his face, so quick it was like I had been burnt. I might as well have been.

Shawn smiled at me, and confusion struck me, but before I could say anything to defend myself he spoke.

"You're right, that is kind of foolish." He chuckled, way to twist the knife, and I felt my heart crack, "But that's actually amazing." He breathed lightly, and a ghost smile found it's way onto my face.

"Because I also foolishly fell in love with my sisters best friend." And then his lips crashed down onto my own.

What's happening?!

Shawn just said he loved me... He loves me... He loves me back!

My arms instantly wrapped themselves round his neck, and his arm grabbed at my waist. 

The way he kissed was amazing, it was so full of emotion, and it ignited my lip on fire, sending a rush of sparks tingling down my body.

It was blissful, so full of passion. It felt like fireworks were showering down on us... Though thinking about it, that probably wouldn't be the safest thing to happen...

I kissed him back, with the same amount of passion. However, my lungs soon burned, and I had to pull away.

Shawn rested his head up against my own, as the small space between us was filled with our mingling breath as we both panted for air.

A small giggle had worked it's way up my throat as I looked him in the eyes. 

This is real. This isn't a dream.

"This is real." I mumbled, closing my eyes, and Shawn chuckled.

"Yeah, it is." He said, as he traced a finger down the side of my face. "I love you."

His lips then came back down onto my own. 

Shawn's POV 

(Recap from his POV)

"Okay." She said, just managing to give me a sad smile.

"Now Becky, please, please just talk to me, and tell me the truth... What was the real reason you left? Was it Ali? Was it what she was trying to make you answer?"

Please, just tell me you love me... 

Shawn's POV

"I-I..." Becky stared into my eyes as I held her in my arms.

She took a shaky breath, before looking down towards the ice and squeezing her eyes shut.

"Yes." She said, leaving me confused.

"What?" I asked her, wanting her to explain more

"I left because of what she was trying to make me answer." she quietly said, looking back up to meat my eyes and I felt a pain in my chest thinking about Ali's question.

"You like someone..." I cast my eyes away from her, my heart cracking at the thought of her liking someone else.

She loves you...

"Yes... I do. There's this person, this boy." Becky started, to explain. "He's amazing... And I really like him, I love him..."

My eyes were back on hers, at the mention of 'love'. She loved someone, was it me? Katy said she loves me, does she love me? I felt her soft finger trace down my jaw, and I shivered beneath her touch.

"I've known him for a long time now." She carried on, "I liked him, well, since the day I met him really. But, I only fell in love with him in the past few years." She then placed her hands on either side of my face, before speaking again.

"I foolishly fell in love with my best friends brother."

We fell into a cold silence after the words left her mouth.

She loves me. She is in love, with me.

Immediately, she pulled her hands away from my face, as if I'd burnt her.

I smiled down at her, my heart swelling.

"You're right, that is kind of foolish." I chuckled, and her face looked hurt "But that's actually amazing." I breathed lightly, causing a ghost smile to creep onto her face.

"Because I also foolishly fell in love with my sisters best friend." And then my lips crashed down onto hers.

I'm kissing her, she's kissing me back. 

I love her, and she loves me back.

Her arms soon wrapped round my neck, and my own circled round her waist.

This was the best kiss of my life, the passion, and the emotions created fireworks, and made my entire body tingle.

Becky then pulled away, letting out shallow pants, and I rested my head up against her own, our breath mingling as we both panted for air.

A small giggle had worked it's way out her throat and all I wanted to do was listen to it on repeat.

This is real. This isn't a dream.

"This is real." she mumbled quietly, closing her eyes, and I chuckled.

"Yeah, it is." I said, tracing a finger down the side of her face. "I love you."

And then my lips found their way back down onto hers.