Chapter 3

I slid up to the edge of the rink, before exiting and heading to the lockers room. I sat down on one of the benches, and began undoing the many knots and bows I had tied earlier to secure my skates.

Once I had my skates off, I replaced them with my shoes, and dried them off to stop them rusting before putting them into my bag.

"Oh come on, I'm totally faster then you."

"In your dreams! I've been skating longer then you."

"Yeah, but I'm lighter." 

"Are you calling me fat?!" 

"No Shawn you idiot! I'm lighter so I can go faster." 

"You're going to be eating those words very soon Alaylay."

"Did you just call me 'Alaylay'?"

"You heard me."

I laughed to myself at Aaliyah and Shawn's conversation as I zipped up my bag, and flung it over my shoulder.

I stood up from the bench, and see Aaliyah and Shawn at the other end of the fairly empty locker room. 

Ugh, why does he have to look so good? Stupid tight fitting tee-shirts... Like who made those?

"Becky!"

I pull my eyes away from my best friends older brother, just in time to see her stampeding towards me.

"Hey Ali!" I laughed, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Becky." Shawn said, walking up to us. Cue butterflies.

"Hey Shawn." I smiled at him, which he returned.

"What are you doing here?" Aaliyah questioned, "Have you just gotten here? OOO! you need to come skate with us, Shawn and I are going to have a race and see who's the fastest... It's totally going to be me by the way."

"Aaliyah!" I laughed, cutting off her rambling, "I'd love to skate with you guys, but I'm just leaving..."

"Oh... Are you okay? I know you come here when your down..." Aaliyah asked, the second part quietly.

"I'm fine Ali, I also come here when I'm happy and bored, so there's nothing to worry about." I smiled at her, I loved how my best friend was so caring.

"Okay, that's good then. So are you leaving?"

"Yes, I'll text you later though." I said, pulling Ali in for another hug. 

"Yes that's fine, I'll respond." She laughed. 

I pulled away from our hug and looked to Shawn, "I'll see you later." 

"Bye Becky." He said, and I gave them both a little wave before I started walking away.

"Hey! Don't think you're getting away that easy!" I heard, right before I was engulfed in a giant bear hug, that I just knew was from Shawn.

"Haha, thanks Shawn."

"No problem Becky." He said quietly... Ugh! Butterflies!

~~~

I quickly slip through the front door of my house, slamming it shut behind me.

"Becky? Is that you sweetie?" I heard my mom call from somewhere in the house.

"Yeah mom, it's me." I replied

"How was skating?" She yelled back again, 

"It was fine, I saw Ali and Shawn as I was leaving." 

"Oh that's nice then."

"I'm gonna go up to my room."

"Okay, that's fine sweetie."

I pulled off my shoes, and ran up the stairs to my room. Dumping my bag my the bedroom door, I jumped onto my bed and went onto my phone.

I went onto an app I downloaded the other day, vine, and began looking through my feed. I only downloaded it the other day, so I only followed a few people.

I wonder if Shawn has vine... 

I know Aaliyah does, she's my only follower. 

I typed Shawn's name into the search bar, and instantly a profile appeared. I knew it was his, because of his profile picture, but he hadn't posted anything yet. Oh well, I quickly clicked the notification button, so I would know when he does.

Ugh, I sound like such a stalker right now.

AN: Guys I would just like to say that everything is a bit messed up in this book. In this book the age gap between Aaliyah and Shawn is different, so Shawn is 17 and Ali and Becky are 15 (almost 16 and Shawn has just turned 17 as it's the end of summer) I would also like to say that in this book Shawn does not go to Magcon and he gets vine when he is like 17 (so now if you get what I mean) So yes I know this book is a bit all over the place, so please just do go with it. Haha :) 

I would also like to apologise for how short this chapter is... sorry :)