**DAYA'S NIGHT BEFORE WEDDING**

While Aarav got to go out clubbing and drinking with his best friend Neerav, Daya was stuck home, with her Pre-Wedding rituals. All the aunties and cousins had gathered around her, and they were putting mehandi on her hands, picking out jewelery for the wedding day, looking at her saree and ofcourse praying for her newly married life to go smoothly.

Aunties were giving her advice of marriage and how to please your husabnd. Daya was very uncomfortable by the whole topic. Especially because she knew what would please her future husband. But she was not ready to give herself up just like that. She didn't understand how these aunties got married without even speaking with their husbands and also having sex on the same night...did they not care..??? 

Daya was getting hot and wet thinking about the day Aarav had touched her..kissed her...where his teeth sank deep into her skin..she still has bruises..But she couldn't give up her virginity just like that. If she didnt care this much, she would hahve lost it a long time ago, there have always been boys after her. but they only wanted her body....just like Aarav.. the thought made her upset.

"Daya, sweetie come on, time for the turmeric." ~ Dadi said, more for the aunties to hear than Daya. They took Daya and prepaired her for the Turmeric ceremony.  Dressed Daya in Set Saree and brought her to the open area where all the ladies could apply Turmeric on her body, They blasted music, and had lots of food ready to feed Daya and indulge in it themselves. Dadi is the first to start. She sat down next to Daya and started to speak while mixing the turmeric. Reshma was going around taking pictures of the Ceremony ~"This ceremony is...many things children..it has so many meanings...one is...

To Ward off Evils

Turmeric is to ward off the evil eye. Turmeric is to protect the bride from any bad omen that might harm her before the big day. It is for the same reason that the bride and the groom are prohibited from stepping outside once the turmeric ceremony is over. After this, they only get to go out on the day of the wedding. But ofc our dear Aarav has no interest in any of this...its okay Daya. All our blessings will be with you. Which is another reason we apply Turmeric..

Dadi started to apply Turmeric on her cheek and arms, then passed a few containers out towards the ladies...

As a Symbol of Blessings

The ladies who apply the Turmeric paste on the couple also shower them with blessings of a happy and healthy married life as the couple sets off to begin a new life with each other...a happy and pure life..and thats the third meaning..

Everyone was covering every inch of Daya that was exposed, then started to move her saree up towards her knee so they could apply some more.

Purification

Turmeric, according to ancient Hindu texts is said to have purification powers. Appling the paste cleanses the body and the soul that is going to be tied into holy matrimony. It marks an auspicious start to a new life together with a pure heart and soul...and off course, Turmeric makes you glow! that my darling daughter, is the very last reason..

Daya at this point was covered in Turmeric. And smelled amazing.

For the Glow

"Turmeric is a strong antiseptic that prevents acne and pimples, which is why Dadi looks this good even at my old age!! It also sloughs off dead skin to reveal glowing skin underneath.""Dadi doesnt it make your skin yellow???" Reshma asked. "The faint yellow stain left behind by the turmeric gives you an ethereal glow that is both beautiful and divine. "~ Dadi said with a wink.