Care

Daya spends the rest of her day researching and calling her old college to restart her classes, thankfully her professors and dean were more than happy to help and accommodate her, since it hasn't been that long since she's been out of school, with some sleepless nights she would be able to catch up on her studies and be able to graduate with her classmates.

"I should call my brother..."

Daya picked up her phone to call Karthik and noticed the time 10:46 PM

"oh...my god, I've been here all day!? ...why didn't anyone come to get me...my mom would have been in here at least 20 times by now to check up on me..."

Daya called her mother without thinking...

"Daya, what's wrong? is Aarav okay?"

"...amma...i want to come home."

"Daya...come whenever, bring Aarav. its time to visit anyway, I'm going to sleep now, call tomorrow okay?"

Daya started to tell her mother that she was able to come by herself if needed but her mother hung up the phone before she could even start. Daya got up from the chair frustrated sad and hungry. Daya opened the door to the study and peaked out seeing everything was dark.. "they slept..? aunty said to see her as a mom and she didn't even check on me.."

Daya forced her tears she felt coming up way down and slowly crept down the hall, down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, she opened the fridge to see what she could eat when the kitchen lights came on. "Beta, I left your food in the study, did you eat it?"

Daya turned around to see Sneha aunty standing in front of her with sleepy eyes 

"..no..aunt-i mean amma, I didn't see any.. I thought you were asleep.."

"Oh honey, how can I sleep? when Aarav told me you were applying for schools I got very excited! I didn't want to say anything as you guys were still in your honeymoon period but I spoke with your mother before the marriage and we both agreed you should definitely continue your education, don't you worry about the thing dear I will get you into whatever school you want."

Daya couldn't control her emotions, she ran up to Sneha and hugged her tight, buried herself in Sneha's shoulders and starting sobbing her heart out, and saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"

"Daya...whats wrong..oh no sweetie don't cry..its okay beta..come here, sit with me."

Sneha walked Daya over to the kitchen table and sat her down on the chair, wiped her tears away, and started to talk but decided the best thing Daya needs now would be a mother to just hug her and tell her everything will be okay.

"I promise I'll be here for you, and everything will be okay with time."

The two talked for a little bit about education, and Sneha cut up some fruits for Daya saying since she hasn't eaten all day it'll be good to eat some fruits to get her stomach settled. 

"Okay sweetie, now its time for bed, you go on up, I think Aarav is still working, but you don't mind him, you go straight to bed okay?"

Daya had forgotten about her moody husband the entire day. "aah! I forgot about him..oh no is he mad? I should go up" and with that Daya bolted up the stairs to the bedroom, stopping suddenly at their door she took a few deep breaths before slowly opening the door to reveal an empty room. Daya walked in looking around not seeing Aarav, she went to the walk-in closet to see if he was in there, not finding him she went towards the bathroom door and pressed her ear to it in order to hear any movement.

"what are you doing?"

Aaravs voice startled her, she turned around to see Aarav standing at the door. "nothing, I'm going to shower."

Daya pushed open the bathroom door, closed it shut behind her remembering to lock it and slid to the ground from embarrassment.