~WEDDING ~ PART 1~

**PICTURE OF DAYA'S THALI**

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND VOTING! PLEASE COMMENT!!!

"Daya, its time."

"Come on didi, theres a lot of reporters out there..."

"Beta! Get up! Look Aarav is waiting for you, now don't pay attention to the flashing lights, just keep on walking and smiling. Okay?"

"Smile! Don't forget to smile!"

"We should really braid your hair..I don't understand why you didn't want to.."

"Amma! Leave her alone, she looks beautiful!"

"Daya are you even listening to me? Get up!!"

I am in a daze...everything is just hitting me..I'm was getting married to a man who hates me! Does he hate me? He doesn't like me..? But he did stuff with me...To me...

"DAYA!"

Thats Amma..she sounds angry...Why can't I move...I should move...and smile...~"OUCH!"

"DIDI!"~ My sister just hit me!

That did it! I'm out of my trance. "Yea sorry, I was just, okay I'm ready.."~ I got up from my seat, and we all walked out of the dressing room into the hall where the ceremony is taking place, I can hear mom telling me to smile, my sister, Reshma is poking my side to make sure I smile, I'm carrying a plate of flowers and a candle and I know they explained to me what this is for but...right now I can't think..I'm just walking and smiling.

I should look around to see who actually made it..I don't have many friends I am close to..so my parents never had to worry about who to invite...but a lot of my sisters friends and brothers friends are here...I heard them talk about it at some point I think...even if I wanted to look around I wouldn't be able to see anything, there's so much lashing lights in front the only reason I haven't fallen already is because my mom and sister are guiding me onto the Mandap.

I'm here.

The holly Mandap.

I have to sit down now...the poojari took my plate, my mother and sister are helping me sit.

Do I still have to smile..?

The poojari starts to chant his mantra and I catch some words I recognize...

...Love...Marriage...Death...

"Aarav, take Daya's hand in yours."~That's the Poojari..Is Aarav going to do it? Is he going to go through with this sham of a wedding!?

I felt my mom reach over from behind and took my hand and placed it Aarav's extended hand. I look up at his face, I'm nervous to see his expression..I meet his eyes just as my hand touches his, an electric shock shot through my entire body, the same I felt when he first touched me at my home when he came to see me for the very first time.. His eyes, they look intense, hooded...like he wants to...

"Daya!" 

~ My mom's high whisper shook me to the core, and I realized I've been staring at his face this whole time while he was doing things instructed by the poojari..

"sorry.."~ I said softly..slowly taking my hand away from his, suddenly, he gripped my hand hard! making me jump a little.

"DAYA STAY STILL! PEOPLE ARE WATCHING!"~Mother again...

I kept my face low for the rest of the ceremony, which felt like it went on for hours!

Finally it was time for him to tie the knot around my neck, making me his wife...He turned towards me, and I saw his arms go around my with a yellow thread..

This is it...

I felt his breath on the side of my face..his hands behind my neck tying the knot; once, twice, three times...

As he was moving away, he whispered so low so I'm the only one who heard ..

"Your mine now."