a NEW day.

Daya woke up to birds chirping and the sun shining through the white curtains, there was a chill in the air. She felt as if she was lifted from a fog. As she opened her eyes, she thought back to a few hours ago when amma explained the relationship between Aarav and his father and cleared all the doubts Daya had about Aarav. But she still felt uneasy about his behavior since the day she met him, thinking back she recalled the time her now-husband sexually assaulted her...she pushed those thoughts deep down and with a smile, she was ready to take on the new day.

 Daya rolled over to turn off the alarm and slowly got out of bed as to not disturb the beast sleeping beside her.  after getting ready, Daya walked down the staircase into the kitchen, suddenly a thought crossed her mind that made her stop in her tracks; "I studied for a degree, I wanted to become someone...and now look at me...getting up early, being in the kitchen for a man that still hasn't accepted me..." With no second to spare, Daya ran back up the stairs and into her bedroom, out of breath, she said his name "Aarav, wake up, I need to talk. Aarav." Daya received no response from the beast. "Aarav!" she said louder, putting both her hands on his body, forcibly shaking him awake. "mmm" Aarav rolled onto his back and opened one eye squinting at the morning light, he was able to make out his beautiful wife's face. a smile played on his lips and he said; "Good morning" 

Daya: "I want to go back to school. I don't care what you say I need to finish my degree. I need to be able to work"

Aarav: "ok"

Aarav then rolled back onto his side and closed his eyes to sleep in some more.

Daya: "You can't argue with me, I made up my mind, my parents worked really hard to bring me to the place I am today and I will not let you hinder with my education, no matter what you say."

Aarav was getting angry with her nagging voice in his ear as he is trying to get some sleep, after the new venture with international companies and meetings he was finally just getting the little sleep he badly deserved. 

Aarav: "I said okay! why would I want to stop you from finishing your education? that's the one thing you can take with you no matter where you go, one thing no one can take from you. your knowledge is power. especially for a woman. Now shut up and let me sleep."

Daya could not believe what she just heard. Was this the same man that tried to rip her clothes off, the same man that told her not to leave the house until he got back after they got married? the same man that made her nights hell? 

Even though his words do not make up for the way he has acted and the words he has said, she was glad to see he values education.

A very satisfied Daya walked out of their bedroom with her shoulders held high, something she hasn't been able to do since stepping foot into the Sharma house.

Daya walked straight into the study and sat in front of the computer with a notebook and pen, determined to make today the new day to the rest of her life.

Sorry guys. thank you for the support and waiting so long!!!