Chapter Three

(L's POV):
   "That was footage that was coincidentally captured on surveillance cameras of the FBI agent that died in Japan." Aizawa explained after the video.

   I recently have allowed Alice to take notes on what we talk about. I trust her more than the rest of the police officers here also she has a 0% chance of working or having anything to do with working with Kira. Which is good she is extraordinarily intelligent and it wouldn't end good if she was with someone almost just as smart killing criminals.

   "Please only show me the scenes of Raye Penber passing the ticket gate, riding the train, then dying." I asked while taking a bite of my ice cream.

   "Okay." He said clearly tired walking over to where Matsuda was sitting looking for the tapes. "Let's see..."

   "I think it's right below that." Matsuda told him.

   "Oh here it is." Aizawa said as he put in the tapes.
  Matsuda is blabbering on about what he thinks about the tapes with the specific times. While he's doing that Watari is passing out ice cream to everyone else in the room.

   "Thank you Watari." (Y/n) thanks him while giving him a warm smile. Her smile really makes me smile I don't smile very often so it's nice having someone around to make me smile.

   "What about the envelope?" She asks.

   "What envelope?" Aizawa asks.

   She gets up and gets the remote and goes to the scene where the FBI agent is entering the ticket gate.

   "He's holding what appears to be an envelope when he is exits the ticket gate onto the platform." She told us. My eyes widened, I didn't even notice the envelope in his hands.

   "You're right! I see it! But in the footage right before his death it's gone!" Aizawa yelled. "Wow, I can't believe you actually caught that!"

   "Well I don't see an envelope on the list of the items he left behind." Mr. Yagami said.

   "Which means it was left on the train." I said. "And this video of his final moments...it looks to me as if he's desperately trying to look inside the train."

   "If so, could there be a hint there?" Mr. Yagami asked.

(Y/n)'s POV:

   "Wouldn't it be interesting if Kira was on that train?" I asked piping in.

   "That's impossible!" Mr. Yagami yelled.

   "I don't think so either. There's no reason for Kira, who can control from a distance, to come to the scene of a crime." L said thinking of something.
"But despite that, he may be trying something bold." He took a bit of his ice cream and in the corner I heard Watari chuckle and take a bite from his own ice cream.

~time skip~

   "Yes...yes would you please hold for a moment?" I heard Watari was on the phone with someone. He took the phone away from his ear and covered the speaker. "Ryuzaki, Ukita at the NPA has received a phone call he's concerned about."

   "Then have him give the telephone number of number 5 and have the informant call that number." L told him and Watari did what he asked. "Matsuda you can turn on your cellphone now."

   "Oh, yea sure." Matsuda took out his phone and turned it on and almost immediately got a call. L took the phone out of his hands and answered. I giggled at Matsuda's reaction.

"Yes, this is Suzuki, head of the Public Information Division." L told the person on the other side of the phone. His eyes widened. "Raye Penber's fiancé? Naomi Misora..."