Chapter Fourteen

Matsuda was on TV and his voice and identity have been covered. I was watching the TV and Matsuda was talking about how he had lots of evidence and overheard the meetings. Then the screen covering Matsuda, had been knocked over and he looked into the camera nervously. Higuchi tried to call Misa, but she hung up the phone, so instead, he called Mogi asking for Matsuda's name. I put on my helmet and sat down on my motor cycle and the door opened. I saw Higuchi's car and I followed him.

"I see Higuchi." I said to L through my helmet. "He only has a bag, I'm going after him."

I continued to follow him until he stopped at a building and I stopped as well. I waiting for him to come out before following him again. I went inside and stood there with Mogi.

"Waiting on your word." Mogi said to L quietly. He then walked out and I spoke to L as quiet as I could.

"How about now?" I asked him.

"No we still need to see how he kills." He told me. "(Y/n) continue to follow him please, and be careful."

"You too, I'm on my way." I said as I hurried back to my motor cycle. He didn't move so I waited for something to happen. He sped away quickly and I quickly put on my helmet again and followed him. A police officer then pulled him over and I drove by, damn!

"Higuchi was just pulled over by a motor cycle police officer." I told L. "I have to pass him." I then heard Mogi's voice cut in.

"He just ditched the traffic cop!" He yelled. I looked next to me and saw the officer drive right into the back of my bike. I flew off of my bike and onto the side of the road.

"Alice!" I heard Mogi and L yell into my ear at the same time through the ear piece.

"I-I'm Fine." I told them. I looked down at my thigh and saw blood pouring out of it. "God damnit!!!"

"What happened?!" Mogi asked me.

"The officer had a heart attack and drove into me!" I told him. "I'm bleeding out of my thigh pretty bad."

"There's an ambulance on the way, I told them to bring you to me and Light once we catch Higuchi." L told me. I started to feel dizzy and I passed out before I mumbled L.

~time skip~

I woke up in an ambulance and saw a doctor looking at me.

"Hello Mrs. Ryuzaki." He greeted me. L probably talked to him before this. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright." I told him.

"Alright, good. We're gonna bring you out in a wheelchair to your husband." He told me. I nodded as two men picked me up and put me in a wheelchair. I saw L run towards me with the look of worry across his face.

"Don't scare me like that again!" He said as he hugged me. I hugged him back and I saw Higuchi on the ground dead.

"L, is Higuchi...?" I started to asked as I pointed to his body.

"Yes, he's dead." He told me. Light then handed him a black notebook looking object and brought it to me. "Take the notebook."

I looked at him like he was crazy, but I did what he told me to do. I took the notebook and looked at the front 'Death Note'. My eyes widened. I remembered everything. My father had obtained the notebook when my mother was still pregnant with me. He told me everything about the Death Note and how to use it. I remembered the Shinigami, Rem, she always looked after me and was my friend when my mother was drunk out of her mind. My father relinquished ownership after writing his name down and my mother's. Rem tried to give it to me so she could stay with me and protect me, but I knew it wouldn't work. So, I relinquished ownership of the notebook as well. I had never once killed anyone with that Death Note, it made me sick to my stomach, the only reason I didn't want my father to get rid of it was because that would mean Rem, my best friend, would leave me.

I looked up and saw a familiar Shinigami. I smiled when I saw the same purple hair she had when I last saw her. The same yellow cat like eyes that showed so much love and friendliness to me and only me. She looked at me with shock realizing and remembering who I was.

"Hello Rem." I said as I started to cry. L looked at me shocked but I didn't care. My best friend had finally come back.

"Hello my dear, you've grown into a fine young woman, I'm very proud of you." She said in her mother like voice.

~time skip~

Aizawa, who was now back, was reading the rules of the Death Note out loud to us. I already knew all the rules, my father taught me them. The rules were all correct, except one.

"If the person using this note fails to consecutively write names of people to be killed within thirteen days of each other, then the user will die." Aizawa read.

"What? That's not a real rule." I said. I grabbed my crutches and walked over to them. Aizawa handed me the book and I looked at Rem. "Is this a new rule? No, it can't be, this has to be fake."

"Rem? That's the name right? Of the white colored thing over there." L asked quite rudely.

"Be nice to her, Ryuzaki. She looked after me when I was a little girl." I told him.

"What do you want?" She asked him. Great, she doesn't like him.

"There's more than one notebook on the human world isn't there?" He asked her.

   "Who knows? There may be, there may not be." She told him.

   "If there are other notebooks, are the rules the same?" He asked.

   "Yes." I told him. My crutch filled and I fell, but Rem quickly caught me and put me down in my seat next to L. She stood next to me making sure I was okay and safe. Light and Misa were now cleared from everything and the handcuffs were taken off of Light. I frowned when I saw Light look at L evilly.

   "Rem?" I asked her. She looked at me softly waiting for me to speak. "May we go talk alone, please?"

   "Of course," She said helping me up. L grabbed my arm gently and looked at me worried. I kissed the top of his forehead.

   "I'll be okay, I promise, you can trust Rem." I told him. Rem took me up to the rooftop so we could speak in private. I sat down and she stood in front of me.

   "What's with the fake rule?" I asked her.

   "Light had me write down the rule so he and Misa would be cleared." She told me. "I've grown very fond of Misa and I did what he told me so she wouldn't be hurt."

   "So, Light is Kira?" I asked her and she nodded. "Promise me something, Rem?"

   "Anything, my dear." She said kneeling down in front of me and moving my hair out of my face.

   "Make sure Light doesn't kill L, please." I begged her.

   "You really do love him don't you?" She asked as she sighed. I nodded and looked at her pleadingly. "Very well, I promise to keep you and L safe."

   "Thank you, I missed you Rem." I told her.

   "You too, my dear."