Chapter Five

(Y/N)'s POV:

   "I have to admit I was a bit surprised when you asked me to play tennis as a way to get to know each other." Light said as he grabbed his tennis equipment from his bag.

   "Is that a problem?" L asked.

   "Not at all but when you asked me did you already know of my abilities?" He asked.

   "Yes, I'll be fine though, its been a while but at one time I was actually the British Junior Champion."

   "Oh, you're British?" Light asked.

   "I lived in England for about 5 years but I was pretty young back then." L had aked me to look for any signs that Light might be Kira. He just seems way too perfect he could be hiding something. "Don't worry there isn't anything in that story that will reveal L's identity."

   The two boys got onto their side of the court and L was currently bouncing the ball clearly thinking about something. He then threw the ball into the air and hit it and it went past Light.

   "Fifteen Love" He said.

   "Wow, Ryuga you sure don't mess around." Light said.

   After a while a crowd started to form and watch the two go against each other. They also got a referee who was currently keeping score. I heard a girl talking about L and how he was so brave going against Light and it made me mad and I don't know why. While L was running his hair would move out of his face and I could really see what he looked like he was really good looking and I blushed whenever his hair moved out of the way.

   "Game and set! Won by Light Yagami!" The referee yelled which pulled me out of my daydreaming. "Six games to four!"

   The three of us left the court and were currently walking round campus.

   "Well just as I expected, I lost." L said and Light laughed.

   "Its been a while since 've had to play that seriously." Light said. "I'm feeling kind of thirsty, want to go somewhere to get a drink? Plus, there's something I wanted to ask you about."

"You beat me so, I'll tell you whatever I can." L said. "You can ask Mikasa anything as well."

"Actually before that there's something I want to tell you." I said.

"What's that Mikasa?" Light asked.

"I suspect you, Light Yagami, are Kira."

"If you still wanna ask us something then go ahead." L said. Light stopped in his tracks and chuckled.

"You think I'm Kira?" He asked.

"Well, when I say I suspect you, it's only a one-percent possibility." I said.

"But with that aside, once I'm sure that you aren't Kira and because you have great deduction reasoning, I'd like for you to work with us on that Task Force." L said.

We continued walking until we arrived at a little coffee shop and sat in the back away from everyone. I had gotten a coffee and put lots of sugar in it. What? I like sweets!

"Thank you for showing us this place Light I can see why you like it." L said.

"No problem, we're so far away from everyone that no one will have a problem with the way you sit."

   "I don't sit like this because I want to, I have to sit like this otherwise my deduction abilities will decrease by roughly 40%."

   "So, what did you want to ask us Light?" I asked him.