Chapter Fifteen

"Another Kira?" I asked. I groaned at the same time Matsuda groaned. I know Light Yagami is Kira, I'm not an idiot. He's having Misa do the killings for him.

   "If there is another notebook and they're using it to kill criminals, I'll jut have to bring that person to justice." L said as he ate some kind of crackers. I've been really worried about him. He needs to get some kind of sleep or relax a little at the very least, he's gonna work himself to death.

~time skip~

   It had started raining out and there was also a bit of thunder every now and then. I hated thunder and lightning it scares me, it's stupid I know, but I just hate it. I had realized L left and I went to go check for him on the roof tops, when I got up there I saw L standing in the rain. I walked out and stood next to him.

   "What're you doing out here?" I asked him.

   "I don't wanna die, (y/n)." He said as his voice started to shake. Tears then started to fall from his eyes. "I may be the greatest detective alive but, I'm only human!"

   I looked at him surprised, I've never seen him cry before. I hope Rem keeps her promise about protecting him. I can't live without him, he's my everything.

   "Lawliet, look at me." I told him turning to him. He looked at me surprised, yes I knew his name, I've known his name for a while. "I won't let anything happen to you. I love you so much."

   "I love you too, my dear." He said. He held my waist and I put my hands on his cheeks wiping away his tears. He smiles and brings me into a sweet kiss. I put my head on his chest and he put his head on top of my head. "I'll protect you at all costs."

   "Let's go back inside, we're drenched." I said as I giggled and gave him a big smile. He smiled back and held my hand as we walked back inside. We went to his room which was actually pretty clean to my surprise.

   "I don't have any woman's clothing so here." He said handing me one of his shirts, a pair of sweatpants, and his boxers. I blushed as I walked into the bathroom and changed. I'm not gonna lie, I was very comfortable, I can see why he dresses like this. I walked out of the bathroom to see L changing his shirt. He looked behind and saw me wearing his clothes and his cheeks turned pink.

   "You look, cute." He said as he walked up to me, still shirtless I might add. He backed me into a wall and I just looked up at him with an innocent face. L leaned down to me and I turned my head feeling shy. He chuckled and turned my head back to face him and kissed me passionately. I put my hands on the sides of his neck and he put his hands on my waist bringing me closer to him.

   "What're you doing?" I heard Rem ask. I made a little squeak like sound and hid in L's chest. "You really do love her, don't you L Lawliet?"

   "Yes, of course." He said. "She's my everything."

   "Then I'd like to make a deal with you." She said. I looked up at her worried. "Light wants me to kill you because I have feelings for Misa Amane. If you promise me not to kill her and protect (y/n) for the rest of your life, I will not kill you and I will stay here with (y/n), making sure to stay away from Light and Misa."

   "Alright, Rem. I need you to listen to my plan very closely." L told her and started to explain his plan to her and me.

~time skip~

   The power cut out when we were talking about our next move and red lights turned on and alarms went off. I looked up at the camera that Watari could see us through.

   "Watari?" I asked concerned. He then deleted all data and I yelled out his name again.

   "Data deletion?!" Aizawa yelled confused.

   "We told Watari to delete all information if anything were to happen to him." I said.

   "Wait a minute." Matsuda said. I pretended to look surprised, knowing Watari was okay, he had to do this for our plan.

   "Rem..." I said and looked at L and he nodded.

   "What's going on?" Mr. Yagami yelled sounding nervous.

   "Everyone! The shini-" he stopped and held his chest. My eyes widened as he fell out of his seat pretending to have a heart attack.

   "L!" I screamed as I started to cry. I ran over and knelt down next to him with his head in my lap. He looked at me as he started to cry. "Please, don't leave me."

   He reached up with his shaky hand and rubbed my face. I held his hand against my cheek as he continued to have a fake heart attack.

   "I-I love you..." He said quietly.

   "I love you too!" I said as I sobbed louder sounding much more realistic. He closed his eyes as he slowed down his breathing and heart beat by a trick I taught him.

   "No, no, no." I said as his arm fell limp. Light walked up to me and knelt down next to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I slapped it away violently as I continued to cry.

   "Don't you fucking touch me, boy!" I growled at him. "You did this to him! I don't care what anyone else says! I know you're Kira! You killed him! You killed my fiancée!"

   "Alice, I'm not Kira, the Shinigami killed L." He told me gently.

   "NO! IT WAS YOU AND I KNOW IT WAS!" I yelled trying to get to him, I think I was going a great job of pulling it off. Matsuda and Aizawa had to hold me back from harming Light. I broke down and fell to the ground. "Why not me?"

   Matsuda knelt down next to me and hugged me trying to comfort me like a brother or a close friend would. He may be an idiot but I cared about him like family. They all then left the room and I made sure of it.

   "They're gone." I said out loud so he and Watari could hear me. We did our escape plan and I got everyone out with the help of Rem. I made sure I left my note to make it seemed I needed time off then I'll make it look like I killed myself.

I will get you Light Yagami