Something's wrong with me

Seriously 270 reads and 91 votes! Thank you guys so much!! You are awesome....... but that's not even the best part, the best part is the comments. Sometimes I'll be having a sh*tty day and then I'll read a comment and just like magic, a smile always appears on my face. It means a lot to me that you care about this story just as much as I do.

Special shout-out to @Cali_andrews, you rock!

**********

Beautiful cover by @Cali_andrews

*********************************************************************

Chapter 10

Daisy

I enter the tent and exhale deeply.

Hunter and I have been at each other's throat for almost 3 years now, so why the sudden attraction? If he had kissed me, what would I have done? In that moment, I probably might have kissed him back.

I start a mantra in my head to put everything back in place.

You have a crush on Dean and no one else, Hunter is just a stupid jerk

You have a crush on Dean and no one else, Hunter is just a handsome and considerate...................

Ughh

I hear growling coming from my side of the tent and I turn to see the dog munching on something green. I ignore it and proceed to change my clothes.

I prepare to move out of the tent when I realize I had forgotten my bracelet. It was my mother's gift for my fourteenth birthday just before she was murdered.

I blink back tears and try my best to forget the horrible incident that led to my mother being killed and my phobia of darkness.

"Hurry up, we have to start this project or we'll never finish before the deadline" Hunter calls to me from outside the tent.

"I wouldn't have needed to change my clothes if some moron hadn't dragged me into the river!" I scream at him harder than I intended trying to pass all the hurt I was feeling at the moment to him.

"What's with the mood? You sure it's not that time of the month?" he says coming inside the tent and eyeing me wearily.

I ignore him as I scan the tent area with my eyes trying to remember where I placed the bracelet and I see it beside my pillow. I sigh in relief and move to take it when something catches my attention.

Wasn't that my headband the dog was chewing on?

I move closer to try and dislodge the nesting thought in my brain. When I finally confirm that it was mine, I snatch it away from the dog and lift the tattered ruin in disbelieve.