Chapter 1

"I'm sorry- how would you feel if I.. if I brought you a copy in person...?

"I'd like that, very much."

Newt Scamander watched from upon the deck of the boat as the image of Tina Goldstein got smaller and smaller until he could see her no more. He sighed plopping himself on the bench, "At least I will get to see her again when I complete my book." Newt thought smiling to himself.

He had only wanted to say goodbye and possibly ask if he could send her a copy, but during the week after the Obscurial incident he had grown quite close to Tina. He remembered her coming down in the case with him whenever he needed to feed his creatures, she was always great company.

"Now these are the Occamy's, you'll have to be careful when you hold them they tend to slither around onto your arms, oh! And don't pet them, you see their shells are made of precious silver that tends to get ransacked by hunters so they need to learn how to defend themselves from an early age." Newt explained as he slowly handed the slithering Occamy into Tina's arms.

She nodded slowly taking in all the information like a sponge. The Occamy slithered around her arms and up to her shoulders, Tina laughed, "It tickles" she giggled.

Newt held out his arms to the Occamy so that he could slither onto Newt's arms and back into the nest. "Could you hand me that bucket Tina?" he asked as he set the Occamy down into the nest, She passed him the bucket and watched in awe as the little creatures gobbled the pieces of meat with pleasure.

Tina fidgeted, "Hey..Newt..?" she said awkwardly, he turned to face her "Um well you see, I never really thanked you for saving me from the death potion." she said embarrassed, "so, thank you."

Newt smiled, "It's no trouble Tina, it's nothing no decent person wouldn't do." They locked eyes, Newt could feel something warm explode in his chest when she smiled shyly, he felt as if one more look would make him grow wings and fly.

"Tina-"

Suddenly an owl came zooming by above their heads startling them both, it dropt a letter by Newt's feet then perched upon his shoulder. Newt looked up at the owl in surprise, "Gary?! What on earth are you doing here?" Newt asked the owl as he picked up the letter from the ground, Gary just hooted.

"Gary?" Tina said the corners of her mouth pulling up in a small smile, Newt blushed, "He's my mother's owl you see, I wonder what she wants.."

Before Newt could open the envelope, it flew out of his hands and folded itself into the shape of a woman's face. Newt looked taken aback, then alarmed. "Oh bugger..." he groaned as the letter began to speak.

"HELLO?! HELLO IS IT WORKING? HENRY, I CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT TO WORK HELLO?!"

-Some mumbling could be heard in the background-

"Oh, is it on? Can I speak now? Newton, It's mum. I've heard from Theseus about the incident in New York, really Newton you should have known better than to cause trouble with the American Ministry!"

-Newt flushed under the scoldings of the letter-

"arrested twice! A wanted man, by not only MACUSA but muggles as well! When you return home we are going to have a serious talk about your behavior young man."

-The letter flew up to his face giving him the stink eye, then it pulled back a smile forming on its paper lips- "

Anyways, thank you for the Birthday card and the Fwooper quill. Hope to see you home soon, Mother."