Chapter 21

Dear Newt,

Thank you. For everything.

Yours, Tina

Tina Goldstein was lazily drinking her morning cup of coffee when loud repetitive knocks echoed from the door.

"Tina?! Tina are you in there are you alright?!"

It was James.

She slowly walked up to the door and opened it to reveal a very frazzled James. "James? What's going on?" she asked confused and ushering him into the apartment.

"I heard about what happened to Mary, and I wanted to see if you're alright. Maybe need a shoulder to cry on?" he told her gesturing to his shoulder.

Tina smiled gratefully, "Thank you James, but I'm fine now. You don't have to worry."

James looked disappointed, "Oh. Really?"

She nodded, "Yes, I mean I was upset at first but I had Queenie and Newt to help me and-"

"Wait Newt? Who's that?"

"Oh, right I suppose I never mention him to you... He came to New York last year and let out a bunch of magical creatures loose in the city-"

"Wait, the Newt Scamander from that article in the New York Ghost? The british guy?! And you two are friends?"

"Uh, Yeah."

"Oh."

James shuffled his feet awkwardly, "Uhm... So, Tina, I've been thinking..."

Suddenly the door opened and Queenie shuffled in carrying bags of new clothes. She was smiling brightly, "Teenie! Oh hello James, Teen I found some amazing dresses at the No-Maj Macy store and It would look splendid with your figure-"

Tina groaned "Ugh, Queenie what do I keep telling you. I don't need anymore dresses!"

"Teenie, one flapper dress and a really long shirt does not count." Queenie replied dryly.

She turned to James who was watching the two sisters with some amusement. "Sorry James for interrupting, what were you going to tell Teenie?"

He suddenly to Tina's surprise turned bright red and looked down at his shoes, "Oh uh, it was nothing."

Queenie beamed at him, "Would you like some coffee James? I can heat up a cuppa right now."

James grabbed his coat, "Oh uh no thanks Queenie, Tina i'll see you at MACUSA." and like that he was out the door.

"That was strange." Tina said scrunching up her nose confused as she went back to the table,

Queenie was grinning widely at her sister.

"What?" Tina asked her giggling sister

"Oh nothing," Queenie replied mysteriously and began to cook some breakfast for the two.

---------------------------------------------------

"Chirrp chirp chi chirp"

"Yes Pickett, I did remember to brush my hair today-"

"-Chirp chi chi chirr chirp!"

"What? No! Well, maybe I did forget but-"

"CHIRP!"

"Well it's not like you have any hair Pick!"

Newt Scamander argued with his Bowtruckle friend, walking down the corridors of the Ministry of Magic, on his way to meet his mother and Harold at the courtroom.