Chapter 14

The Blind Pig was in full swing when Tina and Queenie appeared

"Queenie..." Tina hissed, "You said it would just be a few people from MACUSA."

Queenie frowned, "I did... huh, word must have spread around." She noticed her sister turning pale and her breath quickening, she put her hand on top of her sisters

"Teenie, it's okay. You're going to be fine." Queenie consoled her before stepping into the crowd.

Tina lingered by the door for a few seconds playing with her necklace, before taking a deep breath and stepping into the crowd after her sister.

She barely recognized anyone, it was all just a blur of faces.

Oh Mercy Lewis if only Newt was here.

Suddenly, she noticed a blonde haired woman sitting by herself at the bar looking pretty lonesome.

Tina took a deep breath and walked up to her, "Hello, er mind if I join you?" she asked, the young woman blinked noticing Tina beside her.

"Oh, yes of course." she replied.

Tina took a seat "My name's Tina." she introduced herself

the woman smiled "I'm Mary, sorry I'm not really much of a party girl." she smiled sheepishly.

Tina laughed "Nor am I, my younger sister Queenie dragged me into this."

Mary's eyes grew wide, "Oh! I adore your necklace! Where did you get it?" she asked

"Oh... um, a.. A friend.. Gave it to me as a.. Gift." she stuttered.

Mary raised her eyebrow "Hm... perhaps... was this friend of yours... a guy?" she whispered

Tina grinned "Maaybe," The two women laughed.

Perhaps Queenie was right, this night was going to be fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sign a petition for Hippogriff protection act! Sign a petition for Hippogriff protection act!" Hazel announced standing outside in a large overcoat next to the Ministry of magic waving papers to the passers bys.

"Jerry! Sign a petition for Hippogriff protection act? No.... oh, Sarah! Darling how good to see you Sign a petition for Hippogriff protection act? Hey! Hey where are you going? COME BACK HERE!"

By the end of the day Hazel Scamander was exhausted and outraged. "OH COME ON PEOPLE! JUST SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE ITS THAT EASY!" she shouted causing a passing child to burst into tears and run away.

"Well well well, if it isn't Hazel Scamander." sneered a voice behind her, she whipped around to see Joe Carter smirking at her with his clipboard in hand.

Merlin she hated that clipboard.

"It is a sad day when a witch like yourself is reduced to beg on the streets, a sad day indeed." he made a fake pouted face, Hazel was seething with anger.

"Not as sad as a Wizard like you being emotionally attached to a clipboard." she shot back.

Joe sniffed uncomfortably, "Well at least I have a real job."

"I have a real family."

"Families are for babies."

"Sounds like you need one."

"I am not a child, like you."

"No you're not, you're an arsehole."

"I beg your pardon?!"