Chapter 16

Hazel Scamander was dusting the house when Newt came in the door with Leta at his heels.

"Hazel! Why look at you I haven't seen you in such a long time! How are you darling?" Leta cooed shaking Mrs Scamander's hands with a bright grin on her face.

"-Newt told me all about what happened, and I want you to know that the Lestranges are behind you 100%!"

Hazel bit her lip nervously, Leta's enthusiasm was beginning to get to her.

"Er, thank you dear. Why don't you go out in the back to see the Hippogriffs i'm sure they miss you so."

Once Leta was gone Newt tried to follow but Hazel held him back.

"What the heck was that Newt?! Why is Leta Lestrange in our house?!" she hissed at him

Newt lowered his head "It's no big deal mother, Leta just wanted to cheer you up." he explained,

Hazel huffed "I am cheered up, I got you and Tina Goldstein to keep me in high spirits."

Newt blushed and mumbled something about his personal life being none of his mother's concern.

"By the way, does Miss don't-forget-that-girl-betrayed-you know about your affair with Miss Goldstein?" Hazel asked her son, Newt's face continued to burn up

"First of all mother Leta is not like she used to be, she changed. Secondly yes Leta does know about Tina and Tina and I are not having an affair!"

Hazel nodded

"Good thing too cause I never met this girl! Newton when are you going to invite her to London if you're planning to marry her at least introduce her to your family! Now, for your wedding I spoke to Harold and he knows a guy who can officiate the ceremony, we can reorder the giant chocolate hippogriff from the Christmas party gosh that'll turn some heads! Now there's also the planning on who we're inviting now Uncle Dominique from France would love to see his nephew get married I was just talking with him and he agrees you are getting old and decrepit so the sooner the better he says, and your cousin Shirley from Australia, I'm seeing an outdoor event- hey! Newton come back here WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING!"

---------------------------------------------

"Bettina Patricia Graves, you were brought here today with the evidence of your missing brother, Percival Graves coat tear in your possession. What do you have to say in your defence?" The President spoke as Betty Graves shifted in her interrogation chair with her hands magically binded together.

Betty smirked, "I don't know, why don't you tell me." she drawled

Madame President put down her paper and glared at the woman. "This is not a game Miss Graves. Now, tell me what was that cloak tear doing in your house, or I will have to use further methods of interrogation to get the truth out of you."

Betty sneered, "You're not getting a word out of me Miss President. It's for the greater good."

The President scowled, then her face dropped. "I'm sorry... what did you just say...?"

Betty's eyes flickered maniacally. "It's for the greater good."

The President's face turned a pale white, "Grindelwald..." she whispered

Betty nodded "He will come to me, he is loyal to all his faithful followers and I have been good to him. It was I who delivered my brother into his arms, and I will be repaid handsomely for my duty." She announced proudly

Sepherina curled her fingers into a fist, she was shaking

"What you have done is terrible, you have dishonored your family name and betrayed your blood brother, have you no remorse."