Chapter 23

The president was slouching in her office. If there was something, anything, that could lead them to Graves, she would take it.

The press and the delegation were all counting on her to have Mr Graves found and returned safe and sound.

Weather he was alive... or dead... they wanted his body recovered.

Sepherina sighed and took a sip of some Elvish wine one of the British delegates sent her that Christmas. If Graves wasn't found soon, she would lose her job, and the title she had worked so hard and so long to earn.

BANG

The president jumped out of her seat as Tina Goldstein ran into her office. "Goldstein! I thought I sent everyone home for the night!" she exclaimed sternly.

Tina gasped "Madame President, sorry to disturb you," she wheezed "But I solved it!"

"Solved what Goldstein?!"

"I know where Graves is."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"We have re-re-assembled here today to debate case 166201 of the magical beast division. In the right corner for extracting the Hippogriff herd from Mrs Scamander's care we have senior executive employee Joe Augustus Carter, and his lawyer Miss Leta Lestrange. In the left we have defending herself and the Hippogriff herd, Hazel Diane Scamander along with son Newton Artemis Fido Scamander and lawyer Harold Craig Thompson." Hector Fawley the Minister of Magic announced.

He turned to Harold, "I dare assume this will be the last time I have to say that Mr Thompson."

Harold grinned, "Oh don't worry Minister, it will be. I call Mr Joe Augustus Carter to the witness chair."

Carter looked confused as all eyes turned to him, Leta silently nudged him towards the chair and he clambered out of his seat and walked over to be interrogated.

"Mr Carter, do you confirm arriving at the Scamander house at christmas?"

"Yes, we've already been over this-"

"-Just, patience Mr Carter, all shall be revealed in a moment."

"Hmph, very well."

"Now if memory serves me right, the law states that any methods of magical creature warcraft must belong to the ministry of magic. Am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you all, but this law is wrong."

The sleepy mood in the courtroom was finally awakened.

Carter frowned, "What on earth are you talking about. This is a law, law's aren't wrong!"

Harold smiled, "Ah, that's what I once thought too. Until Newt here-" he gestured to the flustered wizard, "-said something to me that just sounded off."

The Minister was now at the edge of his seat, everyone was.

"And what would that be Mr Thompson?" he asked.

Harold grinned, "Magical creature warcraft."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Madame Piquery blinked, "What did you just say..?"

Tina grinned, "I know where Graves is ma'am." she said a bit slower this time.

The president slumped down in her seat, bewildered at what she was hearing. "You found him?" she asked

"Not yet, but I know where we can look."