Chapter 12

Tina Goldstein was casually sitting on her couch reading a book when James burst through the door gripping a letter.

"The results are here!" he proclaimed.

Soon enough both of them were huddled around the kitchen table reading the written words of James's brother.

Brother,

I did some tests on the coat tear you sent me is the same DNA as the Percival Graves you wrote of.

I'm attaching the data of the tests as well.

Have a fair day,

-Miles

"Have a fair day?" Tina smirked, James chuckled "He's not only is a genius but acts like one too." he replied.

"Well thanks to your genius brother, we now have proof and evidence on Betty Graves! All we gotta do is show these papers to the President and we'll find Graves in no time!" Tina said enthusiastically.

The two laughed and cheered, James wrapped his arms around her in a celebratory hug.

"-Tina? Queenie dear, I've brought some more yarn for your scarfs ladies, i'm opening the door now-" Mrs Esposito walked straight into the Goldstein home to find a man inside clasping his muscular arms around Miss Goldstein.

"Oi! You bastard take your scrawny arms off her!" She shouted, Tina and James quickly released their hold on each other looking flustered.

Mrs Esposito grabbed the broom leaning against the wall and started chasing James out the door.

"Uh- See you -oof- at work-ARGH- Tina! OW!" James called back to her while being chased and pushed out the door by her stern landlady.

"Yes, and sorry!" Tina called back shutting the door behind her and letting out the laugh she had been holding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"-And that's when I told Billy that he was doing the order wrong, it was in fact mandrake root then billywig stings and he just laughed so I had the-" Leta was telling Newt about her class that day while the two of them were in the library together.

Every five minutes the librarian would look at her and tell her to be quiet but Leta would just keep talking louder and longer just to annoy her.

Watching the scowling librarian shoot a death glance at her for the eleventh time Newt decided it was better if they looked up the Hippogriff laws somewhere else.

Now sitting on the grass together next to the lake, with Newt and his books and Leta with her mouth. He listened to her ranting about her day and reading a chapter on Hippogriff in the 1700's at the same time.

Suddenly a big brown barn owl came swooping down, starling Leta and causing her to scream loudly.

"No Leta don't!" he shouted as she tried to swat the owl away from her face.

Newt whistled and held out his arm for the owl, Bob perched on his arm and ruffled his feathers. Untying the letter from the owl's leg, Newt's face etched into a wide grin.

Noticing this, Leta peered over his shoulder to see what was making him so happy. "Tina Goldstein?" she said reading the name on the envelope, "Who's that?" she said accusingly crossing her arms and sounding hurt.

Newt turned red, "Er... she's a friend." he said not looking her in the eye.

Leta frowned. "Oh, okay then..."