Chapter 26

The snow beneath her crunched as the weight of her feet ran through the streets of the city. Farther and farther she ran away from the bustling people chattering away until she made it to the spot.

Tina knelled down on the show covered grass in front of a wind chilled grave stone.

Mary Hollman.

23 June, 1900 - 8 January, 1927

A beloved daughter, sister, and friend.

"Hey Mary..." she said quietly, "I have a problem and I need your help..."

The wind howled and blew but there was no answer. "Its Newt. He's a great person and a wonderful man.... I think I may love him."

The wind quieted, Tina chuckled and wiped away a tear "If you were here, sniff, I know you'd probably be jumping up and down screaming I knew it! In my face."

She could hear Mary's joyous laugh in the back of her head.

Oh Tina you silly goosey how come it's taken you this long to realize it?!!  Her friend's voice echoed through her head, You are absolutely smitten about him!

Tina laughed, "Since when did you get all British on me?"

Oh Tina you wouldn't believe the people up here! I met so many amazing alchemist professors and we've been working together since day 1! Plus there are so many cute Brits! I can see why you fell for one, they're such gentlemen!

"Well that sounds amazing. Have you found the cure for depression yet?"

You bet! Oh it's a shame I can't share it with the world but at least one day another alchemist might find it as I did up here.

"I believe it Mary." She smiled and got up, pulling out her wand, she created a bundle of lilies along with a warming charm to keep them alive through the harsh wind. In the distance Tina could hear a dog barking happily, "I'll come back soon." she said

You better  the voice of her friend said I need details Tina!

And with a grin, Tina Goldstein turned away trudging in the snow back home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr Newton Scamander is it?"

"Y-yes sir."

"Very well. I've been looking forward to meeting you." Mr Augustus Worme said to the flustered wizard extending out his arm to shake his hand.

"I'm sorry sir but I believe we've met before...?" Newt said squinting at the balding man.

Mr Worme chuckled, "Yes you have. I met you when you were just a lowly Ministry worker. I suggested the idea to you to write a book."

Newt's eyes widened, "Oh! Yes that was it. Thank you sir."

"No problem Mr Scamander, now, let's see what you've been up to." he said eyes sparkling as he pointed to the manuscript in Newt's hands.

--------------

"This... is amazing. This book is exactly what we need in the wizarding world."

"R-really? You think so?"

I know so Mr Scamander. I'm sending this to the printing press right away."

"Thank you sir. Thank you so much!"

"I'll be in touch and send you the first copy the second it comes out. I expect you'd want to go home and tell your family the news."

"You read my mind sir, thank you again!"