Chapter 2

Queenie Goldstein was humming a tune to herself when her sister walked through the door last night. "Hey Teenie, dinner's ready!" she called pouring the soup into smaller bowls at the dinner table. Tina slipped off her coat and sat down at the table with her head in her hands.

"Stupid stupid stupid. Why on earth did the President pair me up with him?! No training, No experience, and I'm supposed to have to deal with this troll for the entire investigation!"

"Oooh that sounds rough Teen," Queenie said after absentmindedly reading her sister's mind. Tina sighed, "Please don't read my mind Queenie, I'm not in the mood to scold you now." she said rubbing her eyes.

Queenie studied her sister carefully as she began to slowly drink her soup.

During Newt's stay she had been the happiest Queenie had ever seen her sister in a long time, always smiling and laughing whenever they went in the case together, it was sweet.

When Newt left promising to return with a copy of his book for Tina, she was in a happy daze for almost the entire day, it was adorable.

Now it was a few days after he had left and Tina was back to being her usual old self, only this time her mind kept on getting distracted by thoughts of a certain British wizard with a case full of magical creatures.

Queenie sighed and put down her spoon, "Teenie, you have got to stop worrying, he WILL come back." she stated boldly. Tina looked up from her soup to glare at her sister, Queenie huffed and put her hands on her hips, "Really Teenie, if you miss him that much then why don't you write a letter to him?!" she said exasperated.

Tina huffed, "I can't send him a let-" she paused, her eyes lighting up, "You think I could? What if he doesn't want to hear from me?" Tina said, Queenie cleared her empty bowl and set down a quill and blank sheet of paper in front of her.

"Teenie, when a man says he's going to come all the way across the Atlantic ocean to personally deliver you a copy of his own book, then yes. He would want to hear from you." she said squeezing Tina's shoulders then strolled into the kitchen to wash the dishes, Tina smiled and began to write.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Newt was hunched in a corner table, eating a bowl of porridge when a barn owl came swooping into the Inn and gracefully dropped a letter onto his lap. Surprised, he picked it up and read the envelope, in bold ink it wrote "New York" Newt's heart stopped, head racing he abandoned his breakfast and ran upstairs to his room. Once the door was shut and locked, he ripped open the letter.

Dear Mr Scamander,

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and that you and your creatures have made it back safely to London. Even though I do realize we have only been friends for a short amount of time I do worry.

Things have begun to settle down in New York since you left, everything seems to be going back to being normal. The President was very impressed on how well your Swooping Evil venom worked on all the No-Maj's, they don't seem to remember a thing about what happened a few weeks ago.

Even though everyone seems delighted that we are able to put this whole incident behind us and move on with our normal lives, Queenie still refuses to forget. She's gotten better of course, doesn't cry as much as she did when we all said goodbye to Jacob, but even under that smile I still can tell that she is upset. I wish there was something I could do to make her happy again, do you happen to have any suggestions?

As for me, I've been assigned to a search part to help look for the real Graves. I would be excited about this being my first case back on the job, if only I hadn't been assigned a partner. He has no experience, no training, and only got the job because his rich father put in a good word to the president. It upsets me that while others study hard and use their skills to get into a high positioned job, others only need a few hundred dollars and some cheesy pick up lines to get them in with the big guys. But I guess that's just how life works.