Chapter 11

Dear Tina,

I am just as puzzled as you are about the message from Graves being incorrect. How can that be? Are you sure that was the right letter Miss Graves gave you?

I do not believe it is your fault that there was no one in the apartment, do not blame yourself for this there must have been an explanation. My father used to tell me that the universe is rarely so lazy in producing perfect coincidences, so there must have been something off about the address. Don't sell yourself short Tina, you are a fantastic auror. Don't let the president get you down.

I am thrilled that Jacob got his bakery. He is truly a great man and a great friend, he deserves to be happy. Now I am even more excited for my trip to New York to be able to give you your book and see his bakery. Although I do wish he could remember us, it is unfair that he had to give up his memories like the other ordinary Muggles (sorry No-Maj's) after all, Jacob is not like the rest.

Hogwarts is the superior magic school for young witches and wizards. It lies in the Highlands of Scotland in the mountains near a giant lake. It is a grand castle filled with magic staircases, paintings and ghosts. There are four Hogwarts houses, Gryffindor, the brave. Hufflepuff, the loyal. Ravenclaw, the wise. And Slytherin, the cunning. My house is Hufflepuff, which I personally think is the best house because our dorm rooms are right next to the kitchens.

If it's alright with you, i'd love to hear some more about Illvermorny in your next letter.

Speaking of Hogwarts, I've been spending most of my days in the castle library looking up information about Hippogriff protections acts, but I've had no luck so far. Not only that, but I have been reunited with an old friend from my school days, Leta Lestrange. She works there now as a potions assistant and we've talked a couple of times. I admit I never thought I would ever see her again...

The book is progressing quite well, I have completed a section on Jarveys and I'm moving on to Occamys (I'm sure you remember, It was probably the fourth time we almost died that night) I have a meeting with my Publisher Augustus Worme today to talk more about the release date of the book and my brother is bringing home his girlfriend for dinner as well. It's going to be an interesting night that's for sure. Theseus may have been a war hero, but he's a terrible boyfriend. He would probably kill me if I told you this but he hasn't kept a girlfriend for more than a month, he rushes into things far too quickly.

Have a Happy New Year,

Newt Scamander

Tina sighed happily after reading Newt's letter. He believed her, he didn't think it was her fault. She didn't know why but it felt so good to hear that from him.

All week Queenie and James kept giving her praise and encouraging smiles but there was still this dark cloud of guilt, and shame in her gut. Once she read Newt's untidy scrawl she felt the cloud dissolve into nothing.

So Newt was a Hufflepuff.... Interesting...

To tell the truth she had no clue what that was. Maybe the houses of Hogwarts were named after magical creatures like Illvermorny.

I have completed a section on Jarveys and I'm moving on to Occamys (I'm sure you remember, It was probably the fourth time we almost died that night) She grinned, remembering the crashing shelves and jumping over flying boxes with a Victorian tea cup in her hand. How could she ever forget.

Her eyes scanned over the letter picking up any details she may have missed when she came across one word that made her breath hitch and stomach turn unpleasantly.

Leta Lestrange

She remembered Queenie telling her about Leta. Apparently they had been friends at Hogwarts before she had accidentally set a dangerous beast lose on a student. Newt had taken the blame for her and was expelled. She never spoke or wrote to him after everything he had done for her, and Newt never saw her again. Until this day....