Chapter 3

"Chey calm down," I soothe, rubbing methodic circles into her back with my thumb. "It's going to be okay."

We're sitting cross legged on my bed, as we have been for the past hour. She's crying uncontrollably as I attempt to calm her.

"How is it going to be okay?"she snaps, pulling her hair violently. "Explain that to me Grace- how is it going to be okay?"

"You don't need him Chey," I whisper.

"I have to go back- I need to apologize to him. I love him Grace," she sobs.

"I know you do sweetie, but you can't go back to him- not when he treats you like that," I sigh.

"He said he could change Grace. He told me he was working on his anger, because he loves me," she whimpers.

"Chey- he says that. They all do. But he's not capable of change- and even if he is, he will never deserve you, not after what he did."

"That's where you're wrong. He's exactly what I deserve Grace. I deserve what I got," she cries.

"No you don't Chey. That's where you're wrong. One day you'll meet a sweet, loving, gentle guy who will treat you like a queen. That's what you deserve Chey. No one deserves to be beaten- least of all you," I murmur.

"But I love him," she cries.

"Well he doesn't love you," I snap.

"Don't say that," she whispers, her voice hoarse.

"It's true- he doesn't love you Chey. Maybe he's infatuated with you like most men are, but he doesn't love you. You don't destroy people you love," I quietly state.

I hug her, and she rests her head on my shoulder. My shirt becomes wet from all her tears, but I don't move. I just sit there holding her till she passes out from exhaustion.

I lie her out on the bed, and get up, walking to the bathroom.

I dig through all my drawers, and find every razor, every sharp blade. I throw them all in the trash.

I can't risk her finding them- not when she's like this. Or I don't know what she'd do.

I can barely stand to think about it.

------------------

A/N

Sorry for the oh-so-short chapter. I feel awful. But this is all I had right now and I needed to update it soon because I'm leaving tonight.

I'm running away.

JUST KIDDING!

In actuality, I'm driving up to my aunts house in Georgia for my cousins first birthday! So I don't know when I'll be able to update again.

That's why the chapters so short.

Love you guys and thank you for putting up with my crap!