Chapter 23

I put my foot in the left stirrup before swinging the rest of my body over Trigger's back.

Then I clutch the reigns and the saddle horn for dear life, hoping to God he won't take off.

And he doesn't.

In fact, he stays so completely still that it scares me just a little bit.

Cautiously, I nudge his sides with my heels, and he starts into a brisk walk. I walk him around the circumference of the round ring, surprised at how calm he's being.

Every part of me is tense, expecting him to start bucking and rearing.

 I am relieved and shocked that he doesn't.

I don't ride for long, and I don't dare try to trot just yet. I don't trust myself to trot on him, and I'm not sure I trust him enough yet, either.

After about 15 minutes, I dismount and lead him back to the barn. I quickly untack him, and brush out the saddle marks from his back, before putting him back in his stall.

"You did good today Trig," I coo, scratching his forelock. "Thank you for that."

A/N

So, I know this chapters super short, but its because I didn't want to add it on to the previous chapter. I thought that last chapter needed to end where it did. However, I wanted to write this part today and not add it on to the beginning of the next chapter (cause I have important stuff planned for the next chapter)

So I just decided to add a bonus, mini chapter to tonights update.

Enjoy.