Engagement

--Kanika's POV---

I would have appreciated knowing that I would be getting engaged this weekend.

I just wanted to get everything over with.

The drive to the venue seemed like a century, with everyone telling me how to behave like a proper bride- to-be. It's not even my wedding! Imagine my wedding, if this happening during my engagement.

We arrived at the hall and I went and sat in a different room. I needed to be away from everyone.

On the way, I bumped into the same guy. I remember him from the hospital.

"I'm so sorry, " he said.

"It's okay," I said.

I guess he didn't recognize me.

"What are you doing here? You are getting engaged and your just chillin back here?" Someone asked him.

"Well, I don't even know who I'm getting engaged to," he replied.

Wait! He doesn't know that his soon to be fiancée is standing...oh I don't know...RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!

"Well, we have to go. Her family is here," the other guy said.

They both left and I stood there dumbfounded. He also, had no idea. That means he probably doesn't want this wedding.

Oh my God. He's going to hate me! I'm going to be in a marriage made in hell!

It was eventually time that I had to leave the room.

I linked arms with my father and he brought to the room everyone was in. The actual room where the event was happening.

I looked at the person I'm supposed to be marrying and he was staring at me in shock.

Oh God. Why me? Why do I have to be in a horrible marriage? Is he going to hurt me emotionally or physically?

I didn't even realize that I was now sitting on the sofa next to him.

He was dressed up, but in a casual way. He didn't even pay attention to his attire. Yep, he's going to hate me.

Why is it so quiet? Maybe it's just me

I looked over at him and he was giving me a questioning look.

I realized what happen right away and gave him my hand to put the ring on.

I did the same for him and the hall filled with cheering and applause.

---Asif's POV---

Why does she seem so off? I was told that she agreed to it.

I'm literally so confused right now.

We were doing our slow dance when I asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine," she said.

Her tone made me think she didn't want to talk to me, so I didn't bother.

I had already figured out, while she was zoned out that she was the same girl. I must say, not just her eyes but overall she is really beautiful.

"Are you okay with this?" I asked.

She simply nodded, but looking at her parents.

It didn't take me too long to realize that she didn't have a choice, just how I didn't have a choice.

"Kanika, do you still want to carry on with this wedding?" I asked.

She looked at me confused and surprised, but she went back to looking at her parent's who were now joined by my parent's.

Of course the DJ would choose now to switch to the upbeat music and have the dancefloor full.

It's ok, I'll get my answer eventually.