Wedding Preparation

Time Skip

---Asif's POV---

Wedding preparations were now under way.

I had mixed feeling about the wedding. Kanika and I didn't talk as much as we used to after the day I spoke with her parent's.

I did miss her, but I didn't want to talk if she didn't want to talk. I really like her and didn't want anything to upset her.

I went to find my mom and tell her that I finished my work.

"You look upset," one of my cousins said.

"Have you seen who he's going to marry? If I was a guy, I'd be hella upset too," another one said.

"Well, at least she is better looking than you will ever be," I said and left.

I promised her that nobody is going to hurt her and I'm going to keep that promise.

----Kanika's POV---

I had put everything away and closed my last suitcase.

I was set to leave home now. The house that I grew up in would no longer be my house. But, my parents couldn't wait for the wedding. I don't know why they were in such a hurry to for me to leave.

I sat and cried in my room. There was one person that I wanted to talk to, but he was probably busy. Plus, we didn't even talk anymore, as much as we used to so what's the point.

I still decided to call him.

"Hello," he said.

"Hi, uummm I'm all packed with my things," I said.

"Okay. I'll come over later and get your stuff," he said.

"Have you seen any houses?" I asked.

"No. I didn't have any time to see them and like I said, nobody is going to be rude to you," he said.

"I'm scared," I said.

I didn't mean to say it out loud.

"Don't worry about anything," he said.

"I'll try," I said.

I heard him being called by someone and he just hung up.

I sighed and put my phone away. Just a few more days until I go into being ignored in a different house.