His Parent's Anniversary Party

---Kanika's POV---

I had just gotten back from my friend's wedding last night and I guess the anniversary party was today.

I probably mixed up the dates. I tried to tell my parents I was tired from the wedding and the flight, but they weren't people who would listen.

We were on the way there right now. I thought the party would be in a hall, but it was by the water at a park.

I said my greetings to everyone

I said my greetings to everyone. I was so tired that I just wanted to sit by the water.

I went after doing all my greetings. I looked around and Asif playing with all the kids that were there.

He looked annoyed, because none of them would listen and I laughed at that.

I turned my attention back to the water. It helps me relax and I needed to relax really bad today.

"Hey," some guy side. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I saw you sitting alone. I thought you were really pretty."

Uummm okay.

"Do you mind if I join you?" I asked.

I turned to look at everyone else and they were all busy in other things.

I nodded.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"Kanika," I said.

"Nice name," he said.

"I feel it's important to let you know that I'm engaged," I said.

Why did I have to tell him? It's just something that came out.

"That's okay," he said.

"So anyways, can I get your number?" He asked.

"No, I just told you that I'm engaged," I said.

"Okay okay," he said.

"I'm getting uncomfortable with you. Can you please leave?" I asked.

"Sure," he said and left.

A few minutes later, I felt someone tap my shoulder and opened my eyes to see a plate of food in front of my eyes and Asif sitting next to me.

"I noticed you didn't eat," he said.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he said. "So who was that guy?"

I looked confused at him. Oh sh*t! Oh God, he saw me with a guy.

"It's not what you think," I said.

He looked at me.

"It's not?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Really? Because, I think he's just a guy that saw you sitting alone and came to bug you. He probably even offered some compliment and possibly tried to get your number,"he said.

Okay then.

"Well, it's exactly what you think then," I said and he laughed at that.

He looked at the water.

"I like your outfit," I said.

Why am I so random?

"Thank you," he said. "My parents thought I should be out hear in a dress shirt and slacks."

I laughed at that. Can you imagine being in a park and playing with all those kids dressed up?

"Now, I feel over dressed," I said.

"Your not overdressed. I like your outfit," he said.

"Outfit goals," I said as I saw someone walk by

"I don't think I can pull it off," he said.

"What? Oh no, I'm talking about her outfit," I said.

We both got called to come to the main table as it was time to cut the cake.

I loved the way everything was set up. It was just perfect.

I zoned out and didn't even realize that they were done with the cake cutting.

"So are you ready to get married?" I heard someone ask Asif as I was walking by.

I decided to listen to the conversation.

"I don't know," Asif said.

Who was the girl and why does she care?

"You are being forced to marry her anyways," she said. "Completely understandable."

What? What? What? He's being forced into this as well?

"I just hope that you both can stay happy," she said.

I just walked away from there. I didn't want to hear anymore of anything.