Surprise

---Kanika's POV---

I arrived at my friend's house.

Should I be at the hospital? What the hell is going on?

One of my friends took me inside and told me to wear a dress. I looked at her confused, but she didn't say anything.

I wore the dress. It was a simple dress, with a small pattern and some heels.

"Let's go," she said

We walked out of the house and into the backyard.

"Surprise!" Everyone cheered.

Oh my God! I completely forgot about my own birthday, with everything that's been going on.

They had the backyard all decorated. I loved it so much.

I thanked everyone for what they did for me

"You scared me so bad," I told my friend.

"We had to get you here some way," she said.

I'm surprised nobody asked about my husband. I guess, they found out that we weren't on speaking terms until he realizes who is right.

---Asif's POV---

"Hi, you just had an Uber drop off this girl. Can I know where she went?" I asked.

"That is personal stuff," the other person said.

"She's my wife!" I said frustrated.

"I understand. I'm not allowed to share that with anyone," he said.

Oh my God!

"This is for safety purposes," he said again.

"I know that! I don't know how to prove it to you," I said.

How do you prove something like this on the phone?

"Just please. I need to know where she went," I said.

"I can't provide that information to you. I can loose my job," he said.

"Your an Uber driver!" I said. "What's the worse that can happen? You can drive a Taxi or a Lyft."

"True," he said.

He ended up telling me where she went.

"Airport? What the hell is she doing at the airport?" I asked.

"That I don't know," he said.

"I can't believe we argued about this! You don't even know where she is," I said and hung up.

---Kanika's POV---

I'm so impressed by everything my friends had done.

They even had the DJ playing all my favorite songs.

"Oh my God! I love this song!" I said for the 10th time.

I was singing and dancing along with it. It felt so good to not have a care in the world.

---Asif's POV---

"Pick up your stupid phone!" I yelled into voice-mail again.

Where the hell does she need to go that requires an airport?

"Do you know that if you relax, you might be able to talk to her?" Dad asked.

"Relax? I'm going to kill her when I see her! She is always disappearing!" I said in anger.

"Let your anger die down. Give me her number. Let's see if she's ignoring you on purpose," he said and I gave it.

A few rings later, she answered. Why is there a DJ in the background?

"Kanika, where are you?" Dad asked.

She told him what happen. From the phone call to the party. Thank God for speaker phone.

Great, I didn't even know it was her birthday today. That's probably why her parent's came.

"You didn't pick up your husband's calls so we got worried," he said.

"Don't remind me. I'm having a good time, please don't ruin it. It feels good that these people care about me and would take my side when I told the truth," she said.

Dad gave me a questioning look.

"She just a problem with mom. Mom hasn't done anything to her and she says that mom is being rude to her," I told him.

"Oh. He's there," she said disappointed. "Well, my birthday has officially been ruined. Might as well, tell his mother to show up here and kill it all together."

"I'm sorry for him. Don't ruin your birthday. They only come once a year," Dad said.

"Like you," I said.

"We will talk later," he said to her and hung up.

Sh*t! Why did I say that?